Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Restored Supermodified

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roostasix, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Harold Leep at Manzy-1974

[​IMG]

2. bluardun

bluardun
    from tucson az.

The "Golden Greek" built by Johnny Caples. The body was built for him by Hank Arnold. The car was also called "The twisters Sister". Beautiful and fast car. I was talking to Johnny last week end at the L A Roadster show. We both wonder where the car is today??
    Would be nice to see it restored back to it's origional.
    The Twister, who is owned by Don Brown, is on display at the Hall of Fame in Knoxville.

3. Tulsa 1974- New film

4. Motorhead68

Motorhead68

Anyone out there have contact information for the vintage supermodifed group running at Madera, Stockton and Chowchilla? I'm guessing that it's all the same group. Do they have a website or is there a contact person?

Thanks,
    SR

5. Motorhead68

Motorhead68

I'm sure a lot of people have seen the fantastic old supermodified videos from San Jose Speedway on You Tube, but I just stumbled across some really cool 1970s dirt supermodified action from Skagit Speedway in Washington. The link is for the first of three parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJdDGUNDfUQ

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  6. Rusty5

Rusty5
    from Dallas, TX

This has to be Wichita Falls Speedway turns 1&2 I recognize several cars. I was born and raised in Lawton, OK and started going to Lawton Speedway in 1959 when I was 4.

7. Rusty5

Rusty5
    from Dallas, TX

I have pictures of this exact car racing at Hutchinson, KS.

8. Rusty5

Rusty5
    from Dallas, TX

I can ID that car. It was driven by Mitchell Adams from Dallas, TX in the 70's. It raced at the Devil's Bowl.

9. Rusty5

Rusty5
    from Dallas, TX

My pictures. Both of them. The top one is at Lawton Speedway, OK. The bottom is at Amarillo, TX. is your father's name Mike??

10. Rusty Manning, is that you? Where have you been?

11. Rusty5

Rusty5
    from Dallas, TX

I live in Dallas. I have for 25 years. Please remind me how we know each other. I thought you were somebody else at first.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  12. Rusty5

Rusty5
    from Dallas, TX

[​IMG]
    This is the car at the Devil's Bowl.

13. Rusty5

Rusty5
    from Dallas, TX

[​IMG]
    This isn't a restored Super, but one of the prettiest ones I ever saw. Bob Cody from Amarillo in 1978.

14. I'm not certain we have ever met. I know of your work through Mike from Lawton, and then JD Porter as well. And then of course racingfromthepast.com.--My apologies early - posting credit for every photographer has never been a strongsuit of mine. I was so busy working to build up a frenzy over these cars, and spread so thin lifewise elsewhere, I just shot from the hip and hoped for the best. I have never taken credit, nor received any money for what I have done, which is to spread information and history about the cars we loved so much.

The Shot Hampton 94 restoration effort in North Carolina has benefitted greatly from your pics, and I'm sure a few others have as well.

I'm from close to Ardmore, and have been a lifelong fan of the 100' cars, mainly the wingless ones of the 70's. About 4 years ago I met with Mike and he was kind enough to lend me pics from his collection, which also had pics from several other photographers.

Since then I have posted so many, many pics from the old days, and that led to finding film, and posting that too. That effort ran alongside getting what's left of these old supers back onto dirt somewhere. We've had a few shows over the past 2 years, and would like to continue.

15. I wish it was restored, or cloned. Not many Parson cars left, about three I think.

16. Update on painting my old super

17. Oh, and since many of your pics have been posted by me, and rftp, and others--many people have been digging out pics of their own. When I thought the supers of the NCRA were gone and forgotten, I found I was wrong.:D

18. Rusty5

Rusty5
    from Dallas, TX

I don't mind other people posting my pictures. I see them all over the internet. I posted many of them on Racing From The Past myself. Because I wanted to share them. I love the old NCRA supers myself. Mike has hundreds of my photos. It doesn't make me happy when others claim that the pictures are theirs. But that's what happens when you post them. I have all the negatives. I know who took the pictures. Feel free to post them. Just don't claim them, please.

19. I have way too many eyes and ears out there watching what I do, in order to get away with claiming pictures. And I am ready to fix anything that may appear where I have taken credit.

20. Went to Kennedale 1st of October

[​IMG]

21. This car was the Dallas Racers Reunion a week before that

[​IMG]

22. sprint3

sprint3

Here is a pic of a pavement super from the nw. This is a one off car built from ground up. Has the nance style coupe body. Lots of interest up here in the nw for these type of cars.

Attached Files:

23. bookout

bookout

Brian, great video. I seen a picture of the 21 car my dad drove for Jesse Jackson, can you send me a picture of that car from the video it is pictured sitting on the trailer. Thank you, Jerry Bookout.

24. Got any more pics of this car or ones like it up there? I love it!!!!