Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Restaurant interiors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VirgilHilts, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Needing something similar for a project of mine, too. Thanks for the link!

2. Rooney00

Rooney00

Cool link, thanks.

3. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

Ha I think that is where Bigdaddy got his "hotrod" seats. Digging the sputnik dealio

4. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

WOW! There's some great stuff there. I figured they would be huge money but the prices aren't so bad. The Sputnik stool is $139 with plain vinyl or $156 with the glitter vinyl. And they are made in the U.S.A. Now my shop will be stylin' Thanks!

http://www.kpetersen.com/chromestoolpricelistlink.htm

5. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Since Spring is finally here, don't overlook the swap meets and yard sales. I wasn't even opposed to something showing just a little wear to give things a more authentic look.

Spring Carlisle car and swap meet is coming up at the end of the month in PA. for those in the North East. That's where I picked up my stools for $20ea. The stars on the serving counter and booths were just a couple of bucks each and are authentic Pontiac dealership items.

The clock was a virtual toss out that came in free, just cleaned and painted. The cabinets were Ebay for $99 buy it now. Built the booths and had the seats done by my car upholsterer. Old car lights over the bar are desk lights on sale for $3.50 from Spencer's.

The fridge was a freebie to get it out of the guys basement. Seems like once someone knows you want to build a retro rec room, they like to be a scout for the next cool piece for it. A friend stopped by just yesterday another with another vintage chrome plated milkshake machine.

Another good source for store bought goodies is barsandbooths.com in Charles Town WV.

Good luck with your project!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  6. How bout some originals?

Attached Files:

7. wvenfield

wvenfield

A Coleman 200A. A few years ago the Japanese were really hot for those (I dunno about now).

8. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

very cool stuff...

9. I'm going to find myself a '40s or '50s house after the kids leave and do it up in period fashion! When I was a kid, my family lived in a house that was built in 1923. Arched doorways, glass door knobs, beautiful woodwork! I remember the chrome on the dining room set when I was a kid. The BIG chrome trim on the dishwasher. Hardwood floors. Stuff like that!