Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rest in Peace "Sparky", my brother.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GaryM931, Jul 5, 2011.

1. GaryM931

GaryM931
    from Tennessee

Hello all,
    I am Sparky's brother, Gary. Sadly today, he passed away.
    He would have wanted me to let you all know of this news I am sure. He loved the board and the people here. He loved to help out with an idea or give his advice to all.

He had some health issues, and today the EMS and FD was unable to save him. They tried their best though.

As of right now, there are no definite arrangements, but for those in the TN area, I will post as soon as I know further.

Here is a shot of Glenn with his '50 Ford, taken in 1999.
    We love you Glenn!
    [​IMG]

2. rougebeats

rougebeats

Sorry for your loss.

3. ratster

ratster

omg! nooo, i knew sparky for many years. i'm so sorry

4. thecruger

thecruger

sorry for your loss ..

5. I don't know what to say........:(
    Rest in peace Sparky.
    One of my original TN Poor Boy brothers. Speechless.........:(

6. k9racer

k9racer

I talked with him a little over a year ago and he mentioned his heath was not the best.. I am glad that I was able to call him FRIEND.. Bobby..

7. sorry to here this talked alot with him here and at brand X years ago.

8. Bummer. Prayers going up.

9. Sorry about the loss of your brother. Keep the the good memories close to heart it will help ease the pain. Rob.

10. DirtyEd

DirtyEd
    from Dallas Ga.

I lost my little(younger) brother to colon cancer 2 years ago.There is not a day that goes by that I dont think about him and all the time we had in the shop together.Hang in there man it will get better.

11. silentpoet

silentpoet
    from NWA

I am so sorry to hear that.

12. sololobo

sololobo

Tough loss brother, stay the course. R.I.P. Sparky! ~sololobo~

13. Gator

Gator

Aw shit, that's bad news - like Mike (Earlschieb) said, one of the original TN PoorBoys. Always had a smile on his face, never an unkind word towards anyone. Last time I saw him was at the Nashville Goodguys show last month. I'll pm you my info Gary, please keep me posted so I can let the rest of the club know.

Here's a picture of Sparky working on that very same shoebox pictured above - when he was about 15.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

15. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

I'm sorry o hear about your bother , I can't say I know what it's like to loose a blood brother , but , I had a friend that was closer to me than alot of family , and I lost him on July 4th , 2006 in a motorcycle accident , we rode together for years and I still cant ride without thinking about him , he was 35 yrs old , and he had a heart bigger than his 400 lb body could contain. There is no word or phrase anyone can say that will ease the pain , only remembering the good times and knowing that ,one day , if our good lord is willing , we will be re-united with our brothers for forever and never be seperated again...He's the one with the goatee , I'm the good-looking one...lol....again , I send you and your family my thoughts and prayers...

Attached Files:

16. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

Im so sorry for your loss. stay strong. may he RIP

17. Harms Way

Harms Way

I am so sorry to hear of your loss,.. and the loss to this board,... You and the family will be on my prayer list as you face this difficult time.

18. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

19. borntoolate

borntoolate

Only met Sparky a few times, but each time I could tell he was an exceptionally nice guy. Sorry for your loss and for everyone who knew him well.

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

So sorry to hear that. I'll be thinking about all you guys and praying for his family.

21. TINGLER

TINGLER

Sparky helped me put a rearend in my Fairlane once. I remember he was kind of shocked when he saw that I kept my tools in a big pile.

Sparky's reputation for being the coolest hot rodder came before him. I'd heard about him long before I ever met him. When I did meet him, he was cooler than what I'd heard. He was definitely a hardcore hot rodder. He'd ride all over the place with those headers screaming on that machine of his. Black soot coating the side of his car......I can remember him showing my wife and I how he kept cool while he was riding in his car. I'll not go into it here, but it was very ingenious. It was just like him too. Smart and creative and very cool.

He was the nicest guy. I'm glad to have known him and I'm glad to have at one time been a Poor Boy with Sparky.

Be with God brother Poor Boy. I'm going to miss you Sparky.

22. krooser

krooser

What a shame... RIP.

23. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

crap, so sorry for your loss. my son and i were coming back from good-guys in nash one year and all of a sudden here came a big ole ford up beside us blowing the horn and waving. i was in my el camino,my son in my truck.sparky was going north on i-65 we was going south. he saw us,went up got off 65 turned around caught us.scared my wife to death cause she was behind us in a ot car, pulled up beside and said "hey bruce how ya doing" saw ya heading home wanted to say hi!! that was sparky. i remeber when he brought his mom to the ardmore show with him in the sedan.how cool was that. rest in peace my friend, rest in peace.

24. Haywood

Haywood
    from M'boro,TN

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's just not enough that can be said. This is VERY sad news. Sparky was a friend in every sense of the word. Willing to help anyone whether he knew them or not. Sparky was the one guy that was persistent enough to keep posting on the HAMB to get us local guys together which eventually led to the forming of the original Tennessee Poorboys. He was the heart and soul of the club. You will be missed by many, brother! R.I.P.

25. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

So sorry to hear of the loss of your Brother.
    My prayers go out to you, all family, and also for his soul.
    Bob

26. Very sorry for your loss. My only brother has serious health issues and I worry about him. I can only express sympathy and extend my prayers for him and your family from Md. God bless.

27. Willy301

Willy301

Sorry for your loss man, it seems like we have too many of these threads as of late...

RIP Sparky

28. Diana The Doc

Diana The Doc
    from New York

my sincere condolences... Diana

29. smoked1

smoked1

damn it! Only the good die young. sumnabitch I hate death,sorry for your loss.

30. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

Will be praying for you and your family during this time of loss.