Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Rest in Peace NortonG

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speedy Canuck, Nov 9, 2013.

1. It is with a heavy heart that I share of the passing of my close friend Dave. His death last night is an unexpected shock...one that I am still struggling to grasp.

Dave was born into a hotrod family, as his dad is a member of the Galt Strokers, and cut his teeth on swap meets and old cars. A contributing member for years on here, Dave was always willing to chip in with encouragement, suggestions, or the odd jab and dig (usually when warranted).

His two projects were both documented on here and well represented his passion for traditional hotrods and customs. He tried to stay as true as finances and rusty Canadian tin would allow; though he took some heat for his fiberglass T body. An additional sticking point for him, he was quick to point out that it was not going to be a T Bucket, but was in fact a T roadster.
    His recently acquired 41 Ford was going to be a period correct pre-war custom. Our road trip to the Race of Gentlemen (the only two Canadian hotrodders there) fueled that fire and he was already planning our pilgrimage to the ROG in the 41 for next year.

A deeply loyal friend with an enthusiasm for life, he will be sorely missed by family and friends. Those that knew Dave, even in passing, are the better for it. I for one, surely am.

Rest easy brother. May the roads be flat and straight, and the skies warm and bright.

Posted via telegraph.

Additionally...

Regarding some of the inquires being made, the family has requested privacy surrounding the events of Dave's passing. We all would like to instead focus on the happy memories of Dave's life. He was 29 years young.

Dave's 24 T thread can be found here: The '23 Fake T Project

The thread for his recently acquired 41 can be found here: '41 Ford Tudor Project

As many have mentioned, Dave was very active on Instagram. You can find the pictures here, which provide great insight into his life: Norton Grimm on Instagram

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Wow. I'm stunned at reading this. RIP

3. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

...the shock is total and my eyes are welling up with this tragic news. Dave was a hardcore hot rodder as some will realize by reading his posts.....motor on my friend wherever you are.....

4. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I am in total shock over this news.
    I met David and his father many many years ago....at so many shows,swapmeets and events.
    This man was a true hardcore Hotrod and custom fella.He was a a very good guy...I am really at a loss of words right now.

Rest easy David.

5. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Holy shit. Never met him but followed his T build with great interest. RIP Dave.
    Btw....what happened? He was young!

6. I'm shocked,so young with much to offer.

To the family & friends I offer my sincere condolences. Godspeed! HRP

7. polish54

polish54
    from flint

im shocked and saddened by this news! rest easy dave!

8. n847

n847

9. dragass

dragass

Extremely sad news, RIP Dave.

10. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Thoughts and prayers are with you , the family and his many HAMB friends.

Rest well sir.

11. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

RIP Dave... miss you already bud....:(

12. Godspeed to ya Norton, taken way to early in life........may you sneak into heaven before the devil knows your dead brother

13. So sorry to hear this. I really enjoyed his updates here and on Instagram. From what little I know of him, he seemed like a great guy. RIP.

14. Neatname

Neatname
    from Spokane WA

We were internet buds, sounds like a helluva guy. Rest in peace.

15. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Im sorry for the loss. Sounds like the hot rod world has lost another great guy!!

16. David was one of those unique young guys who you always knew you would bump in to heading to the proper car shows, randomly would text to you on Facebook and harassed me for almost an hour on the cell one night before he finally started laughing and told me who I had been chatting to! I will surely miss you man, was so looking forward to the two latest car builds and had slowly tortured you for selling the first roadster project every time I had a chance and I know you always seemed to enjoy that bantering. See you at the next show Dave! until then....

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

This is just fucking awful. What happened? Praying for him and his family.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

19. flatout51

flatout51

I only really knew him on Instagram but I felt like I actually knew him... This is too sad. RIP man.

20. Dave50

Dave50

AJ I am shocked! And am saddened to hear this you and Dave where great to talk to even if it was just through the internet, Send my condolences to his family for me also my condolences to you bud.

R.I.P Dave God speed

21. Lucky77

Lucky77

So sorry to hear this news. I just talked to Dave at the Race of Gentlemen. He seemed like a really good, genuine guy. Rest in peace brother.

22. I'm really sorry to hear this news AJ.......it was only the other week down at Ancaster we were all laughing and catching up with each other........God Speed Dave.....I'll be missing that crazy hot rod energy you had with that big grin of yours.

23. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Just heard of this...RIP

24. NealinCA

NealinCA

Even though he was an "internet friend", sometimes you seem to get to know people. Sad news indeed. Prayers go out to his family.

Neal

25. Oh man, this just hit me hard.
    I'm stunned by this news.

I'm so sorry , you two were tight.

RIP NortonG

I'm having a real hard time believing this
    But I just saw his member status changed.
    FUCK!!!

26. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Man...you just don't see this stuff coming.
    RIP NortonG.

27. 54BOMB

54BOMB

Just terrible , I'm so sorry .

28. Flop

Flop

Man ! Just saw you at the ROG . Take care buddy and rest easy. Gonna miss seeing your posts .

29. daddio211

daddio211

30. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Rest in Peace Brother. You will be missed. Taken too soon in life. Godspeed.