Register now to get rid of these ads!

response question?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by mickeyc, Jan 26, 2019.

1. mickeyc

mickeyc

I have been trying to contact a member that has an item for sale in the parts classified section. Several p.m.s I have sent this member regarding item. No
    response whatsoever. I notice all his hamb activity is in regard to selling items
    and no general activity. Is their an alternative method I may use to contact him
    or to encourage him to respond? what would you recommend? Perhaps I should
    just mark him off as a waste of time and effort.

2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Who is the other member ?
    I can see the last time he was on.

3. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I would be wary if all he was doing was selling things....

4. Hombre

Hombre

Mickey, Tough thing to have happen especially when it's something you need. I am agreement with Bama though if all he is doing is using the Board as a selling aid and not contributing in any other way, and not answering your PM's maybe you need to ask the question " Is this someone I really want to send my money to?"

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. I have had a lot of positive transactions using the Hamb classifieds but i also use common sense. I do not send money to anyone that uses this forum to just sell parts, I look at their profile to find out if they participate in any other parts of the hamb.

I always screen anyone that sends me a conversation saying they have what I need in a wanted ad, a lot of scammers watch the Hamb and sign up that day to try and hook you on something you really want and they are betting you'll drop your guard.

Ryan offers us a great service absolutely free but it's up to us to protect ourselves from scammers. HRP

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019