Register now to get rid of these ads!

resizing damn pictures help please!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brewsir, Aug 17, 2008.

1. brewsir

brewsir

OK I read the tech and downloaded the free stuff and it usually works, but I just got some pics that I want to post and when I resize them they are still too big. I tried using paint but there's too many pixles or some such crap. Is there something else I can do or do I just need to ask for help resizing a few pics?

2. Stu Cool

Stu Cool

Try Irfanview. http://www.irfanview.com/

It's a freebee and works great! Once installed open your picture and go to the Image menu and select the Resize/Resample option. Then just change the percentage till you get the size you need. You can also do batch resizing if you have a bunch to make smaller. Be sure to save them in a different folder when you resize.

Hope that helps

Pat

3. brewsir

brewsir

I tried that but it came back as a 306 KB file...way above my limits to load on here.

4. mikes51

mikes51

Have you tried loading it into one of your picture albums? The HAMB automatically resizes it for you when you do that.

Go to "manage your account", click the album button on the left column and make an album. then upload your pic to it.

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I figure you don't have editing software on your computer?

open up a photobucket account.. it's free. you can resize them there. 600 x 480 seems to be a good size for here.

6. brewsir

brewsir

I tried the picture album but it failed also...guess I will do the photobucket deal. Thanks.

7. mackster

mackster

Photobucket is slow but works great... try that and you will never go back to just redoing from your computer...:D

8. Mad~Max

Mad~Max

In whatever software you have, change the pixels per inch to 72 first, and then resize.

300 pixels per inch is good for 8x10 prints, but the web only needs 72.

9. brewsir

brewsir

software??? shit I am lucky to be able to log on and post stuff! I got a photobucket account and have it figured out now....Thanks everyone!

10. boldventure

boldventure

What kind of camera are you using? I use a Cannon and it came with software that includes resizing. I save a copy of the original, its usually larger the make one resized to share. You do have to be careful and remember to save as a jpeg. image some/most of the others have caused me some problems (can't see 'em etc.).

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  11. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Go to www.bluefive.pair.com/, then click on Windows Freeware and download PIXresizer. Easiest thing in the world to use and does a great job FAST. I can resize 100 pics in about 1 minute. Try it