Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Repurposing body parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by singledownloop, Dec 16, 2017.

1. singledownloop

singledownloop

A custom car builder from Sweden told me when he first got started he cut the curved shapes he needed for a build out of junk fenders,hoods,etc. Building custom cars has been his only job since the late 80's.Have any of you used this method for a build.Can someone share pics of a build they did,or know of, using shapes from other bodies.Also if anyone can point me to builds either on here or other websites i'd appreciate it.I have searched the hamb but no luck.I may not be using the correct search terms.,thanks again.............Greg

Stogy likes this.
  2. evintho

evintho

1980's Chevy and GMC van hoods have the perfect contour for '26-'27 'T' roadster bun panels.............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1980's T-Bird deck lid to make panel above dashboard.........................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Washing machines (FREE section of CL) make awesome patch panels....................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  4. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Used a quarter panel piece from a 49 dodge to cover my stock recessed license plate . Early metal is the way to go if you don't wheel.....

singledownloop and Stogy like this.

5. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Some folks have vision, me? Not so much. Although I used a top off a 59 Chevy Hardtop to fill my coup top (32) . My only bright vision

6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

9. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

^^^^^^So far the single seater above is using a 22/23 Dodge cowl, two 46 Ford front fenders for the tail, 41 Chevy pickup headlight pod for the head rest, two 49-51 Ford deck lid skins to fill in the wheel opening and a Farmall tractor gas tank for the track nose. I also have a 26/7 Packard hood side with some really Kool vents that will probably get sectioned into a new hood.

10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

...and it's awesome...;)

11. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

In the resto shop I used to work in, we used VW bug front fenders to fab the front fenders of a 1950 Jag XK120.

Sent from my SM-G920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app