Register now to get rid of these ads!

Repro Torpedo or Bullet Tail Lights

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kinky6, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Kinky6

Kinky6

Hi, all, I'm looking for a source for reproduction streamline shaped tail light buckets. Something like a '37 Ford, Dodge or Plymouth, but a little larger in diameter.

I bought some new old stock glass lenses for a mid '30's Hupmobile, but don't know which model. They have "HUPP" molded into the lens. My Hupp is a '34 Model W417, and the tail lights were missing when I bought it. I have a sales brochure, so I know what a stock light looks like.

The glass lens is about 4" around, with the domed center part that extends out of the trim ring is 3 5/8" in diameter. This is bigger than the Ford or Dodge, but would look and mount to the fender very much like the Dodge tail lights.

Anybody have a suggestion on what I might look for as a replacement or substitute for the real thing?

Thanks in advance, Kinky6 :cool:

2. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

Dummy spotlights.

3. Weasel

Weasel

Look for the real thing - they come up occasionally - one sold last night on eGay. In fact I may have what you need but it is not going to be cheap....

[​IMG]

4. Weasel

Weasel

BTW the glass lenses either have HUPP on top with a glass ring in the center and are pretty flat 1934 thru mid 1935 these are the correct ones for your W or they have no glass ring in the center, are curved and have HUPP at the bottom of the lens - mid 1935 thru 1937. They both fit the same taillight housing....

5. Kinky6

Kinky6

Weasel,

Thanks for the info, and NICE looking coupe, too! O.K., so the glass lenses I bought are the later ones, with the lettering at the bottom. I was the second highest bidder on that unit on eBay last night, darn the luck!

PM me if you might have a line on something for my sedan; you know I threw in a pretty good bid on that one.

Thanks, Kinky6 :cool:

6. Kinky6

Kinky6

Monday evening post bump.

:cool: