Register now to get rid of these ads!

REPRO not REPO

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeem, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awesome

2. Here goes -----

I'm gonna SALE my truck before it gets repopped. Maybe I'll sale the repo parts I have for it, too. Wish I could find "For SELL" signs at WallyWorld. I prolly oughta take that 6,000 pound WENCH off the bumber with my big WINCH first, but that WRENCH of a g/f i have is such a beeotch to deal with when it's "that time", ya know?

3. real CL add.
    i have a 1958 Chevy appachei truck theirs no moter sum rust butt not alot for a 58
    give me a call and i can e][/URL]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  4. Weasel

Weasel

Repop = repopulated....

5. DrJ

DrJ

All this from a James who goes by "JEEM"! ;)

(All of these errors bother the hell out of me, too, and that's not two or to.)

6. I recently installed an Eldabrock manifold, and I think it clogged up my Cadillac Convertor.

I should have installed a Weeund manifold instead. And with the extra money I would have saved, I could have bought a pair of MagnetFlow mufflers.

Saving money is one of the French Benefits of building a hot rod.

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Couldn't cut the mustard either...

8. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

:D

I read an article in a British classic car magazine where the writer humorously spelled Chevrolet "Shovel-A".

This guy calls it a catastrophic converter.

9. Now that the offending parties have been sufficiently and publicly humiliated into a bit better grammar,can we then assume that they would also stop with the absurd question posts like-
    "Can I run a 15" tire on this 14" wheel I have.....Why not?
    Or "what does 4 bolt mean?"...
    "what's the difference between a big block and a small block?
    and dont forget
    "whats it worth"?
    Last but not least let us not overlook that 66 Chevy street rod.....It has an Alumeeeum intake

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Nope!

11. I especially love For Sale ads that say Call For Price.

Let me guess, too embarrassed to print it?

12. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Yes.....and they are counting on the Power of Persuasion to convince you it's really a GOOD DEAL, once you know what they know! :rolleyes:

Ray

13. ...or how about the price is $25,000 FIRM, OBO.............WTF does that mean??:confused:

14. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Did ya ever think of having 2 girls dress up like rabbits with the fake ears and everything , then have them smack each other on the ass with a piece of ham ?

I don't know what just made me think of that ?

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

No, but I like the way you think....

16. Rabbits no ... clowns yes!

17. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

No one said you had to be educated to name and open a business :)

18. Ya no, a fella ustacould find some great topics and info on the HAMB. Now erybudy just tries to be lamer than the last guy.

Ok JEEM, what is " just saying" actually supposed to mean?
    From what I can gather about the context it is generally used in, it seems to be some sort if back paddling apologetic phrase. Is it some sort of dialect to enable one to state a random opinion that maybe offending but remove the confrontation by some shorthanded form of self proclaiming the reaffirmation of your first amendment rights? Is it just a symptom of tourrets? Is it the catch phrase of "Captain Obvious" types who say "just saying" instead of " ????"

"Just saying" must be able to be replaced by some other words to define its meaning that that makes sense and when, where and why it may or may not be appropriate to use it.

"Dizzy" for distributor , I believe came from Australia. It makes sense because its easy to see it being short for a long word that starts with "dis" and spins around. However when people start talking about "STABBED THE DIZZY", well that gets under my skin almost as bad as "just saying"

19. Yep, and the same people who won't put prices on anything at swap meets or yard sales. No price? - not worth my time to stop and ask if they aren't serious enough to price it.

20. johnboy13

johnboy13

21. I call them catalytic perverters.

22. Harms Way

Harms Way

I just got back on the HAMB a few minutes ago,.. And one of the two threads I thought for sure would be shut down,... is, And this is the other.

23. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

24. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Listen, "just saying", to me means, "throwing it out there" or "Hey, this is good information, do with it what you want". No back peddling, and not apologetic.

25. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I have nothing constructive to add to this thread...I'm just running up my post count...carry on.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  26. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

I think dizzy comes from the old model T coils, sounds like it's dizzy

27. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

clap your hands everybody, if you got what it takes, 'cause i'm kurtis blow and i want you to know that these are the "brakes!"

28. Lord forgive us, this thread was first started at super bowl half time ... just saying

29. My thoughts exactly! Backed up by the popular "two hands out front - making a double stopping" signal as in "Whoa, back up. Did I just say that out loud?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.