Register now to get rid of these ads!

Reposting pictures from the H.A.M.B.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by the-stig, Jul 14, 2013.

1. I posted some pics on here that I took at the Mooneyes show. I got a PM from a new member (billmonroe1) asking if he could post them on his website http://bluegrascruisenightphotos.shutterfly.com/. I went to the website and you can download pics from there or you can buy them. I'm thinking it might not be a good idea to let him copy the pics but thought I would see what the rest of you think. I remember seeing posts from guys complaining pics of their cars are for sale on the internet and didn't want to add to this.
    What do you guys think?

2. I wouldn't,,he joined today and has never posted,,looks like he joined just to get your photos. HRP

3. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

I got the same message. Smelled a little fishy to me.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'be been hit with a few guys asking to use my photos lately on their sites and I checked the sites to make sure that they didn't offer photos for sale and stipulated that they could not offer them for sale and had to give me credit for the photos.

This guy wasn't one of those though so I'll remember this thread. Thanks.

5. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

That sucks! Thanks for the heads-up!

6. This is the PM I got from him.

<table id="post" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1" id="td_post_" style="border-right: 1px solid #e5e5e5"> howdy
    <hr style="color:#e5e5e5; background-color:#e5e5e5" size="1"> Hello how are you doing today?Would it be allright for me to use your photos for my website and you will be given credit for your photos.i sure would appreciate it very much.
    Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> http://bluegrascruisenightphotos.shutterfly.com </td></tr></tbody></table>
    Thanks

billmonroe1
    </td> </tr> <tr><td class="alt2" style="border: 1px solid #e5e5e5; border-top: 0px"> [​IMG] </td><td class="alt1" style="border: 1px solid #e5e5e5; border-left: 0px; border-top: 0px" align="right"> [​IMG]</td></tr></tbody></table>

7. I got the same message from the same guy a couple of days ago. I didn't respond. I post here for the enjoyment of my HAMB friends...not to try to hawk photos.

8. slammed

slammed

THe douche is using 'Bill Monroe' and bluegrass in his scam.......drop kick him to the ground.

9. He has been banned previously using bluegras and bluegras1 usernames.

10. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

Not sure what you can do about someone using your picture? Safari-Wagon here on the HAMB got this print at a silent auction today at a local car show. It was donated by a gallery near by. They are selling these prints. It's my old truck, right down to the cool tail light and license plate numbers! Flattering in a way but the gallery and the artist are profiting off a vehicle I built that was far from stock.

Attached Files:

11. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

technically since you're the photographer you OWN rights to the images. If you say YES without stipulations (or a licensing fee/contract) then he can do whatever he wants to with them. If you say NO and he uses them anyway you can sue for what that's worth. But the courts tend to be very generous when it come to intelectual property like this. Just ask anyone who's dealth with ASCAP (although that's music--same general idea, though).

12. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Despite any legalities, once you post to the internet, it is basically fair game. At least the guy asked you. I know of very few people who ask the car owners if they can take a picture of their vehicle in the first place. I would take the whole thing as a compliment to your photographic skills.