Register now to get rid of these ads!

Replacement for 8.00-14 whitewall tires

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by castirondude, Nov 9, 2013.

1. castirondude

castirondude

working on my 1959 Edsel Villager station wagon.

It has the original 14" wheels with chrome hubcaps, and it would be nice to keep the hubcaps with the car, so looking for tires to go with that.

The current tires are 8.00-14

I want to get something modern radial about the same size. I think the closest one is 215-75R14.

I see some really nice coker tires but MAN they are always 3x the price of any mainstream brand
    http://www.cokertire.com/p215-75r14-coker-classic-2-1-2-whitewall.html

I see America's tire has tires for $50 and they get good ratings. That will allow me to get the car on the road for the price of one coker tire.

2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. castirondude

castirondude

I like the way the tires are organized on that page, you enter the rim size and then it lists all the options.. most of the pages will ask you all 3 numbers and then tell you they don't have anything..

Looks like they come in at about the same price as the cokers. do you think they are a better build? (they certainly claim so on their website)

4. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My customers seem to have better results with them.

5. castirondude

castirondude

..except the part where it asks you "Whitewall Redline Blueline Goldline" and no matter what you choose you always see the same tires... :confused:

6. castirondude

castirondude

After powershopping I ended up with these Hankook Optimo H724 P215/75R14 tires.

They are only $50/ea at <a href="http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findTireDetail.do?ra=searchTiresBySize.do&fl=&tc=HANPA7&c=2&pc=10703&ar=75&rf=true&rd=14&cs=215">discount tire</a>, match the original tire size just about perfectly, and even sport a little white wall.

Similar tires from <a href="http://www.cokertire.com/p215-75r14-american-classic-1-whitewall-tire.html">Coker tire</a> are about $150

<strong>Tires.. rims not yet painted</strong>
    [​IMG]

<strong>Close up of new tire</strong>
    [​IMG]

<strong>Size comparison to the old tire</strong>
    [​IMG]

<strong>Close up of the old tires</strong>
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014