Register now to get rid of these ads!

Repeating threads while scrolling

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Rramjet1, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Rramjet1

Rramjet1

I couldn’t find anything on this topic so here goes.

When I’m using my iPad to scroll through threads in a forum threads will start to repeat. It may be for any three or four then on to a new thread. Is there a setting I’m not aware of to stop this?

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. It might be some funny business with your browser. Clearing cookies and cache might be the cure. Or try a different browser and see if you get different results.

I've seen thread titles and replies occasionally repeated two or three times. If you check the date and time of the posting you'll sometimes see they were uploaded just a minute or two apart. I think what happens is that some members get impatient (imagine that!) if their post doesn't appear instantly, so they keep uploading it again and again until the web page has a chance to update. Then they may or may not go back and delete the duplicate posts.

I suspect that the mods also remove some of the duplicate posts when they spot them.

rramjet likes this.
  3. Thanks. It uses the built-in Safari browser. I'll try clearing cookies and cache.