Register now to get rid of these ads!

removing front leaves 49 chevy pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WHARTON, Apr 25, 2009.

1. WHARTON

WHARTON

I have a 49 chevy 3100 pickup. decided to go ahead and remove two leaves from each side just to get it down a bit till I get cash together for a drop axel. My question does it matter witch leaves that I remove will I get different results in height? I took the second and fourth from bottom leaving 6 per side and seemed to come down couple inches really didn't see any clearence issues with bump stops. I know its going to handel bad and have a good amount of bump steer is there any other issues i should keep my eyes open for?

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't remember which ones or how many I took out, I think either second and fourth or third and fifth. I ended up taking a hacksaw to the rubber on the bumpstops to get a bit more room. I also usually ran 195/14's on the front to get it down some more.

I'll warn you a bit though that it will take on mind of it's own and you will have to "drive" it all the time and your arms and chest muscles may get a bit stronger. At least mine is/was that way.

The avatar is with the leaves removed and the 195/14 tires.

3. WHARTON

WHARTON

Thanks for the reply yeah judgeing from your avatar yours came down alot lower than mine going to try it a couple different ways see what happens and go ahead and put 3 inch blocks in the rear go from there. your truck looks good do you have any larger pics of it? Thanks Again

52Rustbucket likes this.
  4. pardner

pardner

5. Dave K

Dave K

Bump steer should not be a big problem with it down only a few inches.