Register now to get rid of these ads!

removing 54 belair mastercylinder

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NCrod, Feb 25, 2008.

1. NCrod

NCrod

I'm currently about to install a duel braking system in my 54. Right now im working on getting the old MC out ,well thats where im kind of stuck. I got everything off except the clutch and brake pedals. How do i manage to get these off? Im guessing i got to remove the big pin that they pivot on but the dern thing wont budge. help a newbie out :D thanks again

2. R Pope

R Pope

There's a lock pin behind a plug in the front of the boss that the pins are in. Take out the plug, then use a stiff wire to kinda fish the pin out. That will allow the pivot pins to be removed.

3. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

They can be a real bear, if you have the car up high enough you can manipulate them enough to come out with out removing the pedal arms, remove the pedals thats the first step...

4. Big Tony

Big Tony

They pretty much covered it.... it was a bugger to get out but once we got it cleaned a bit and could see the pin it helped. Good luck

5. I find that it makes it a whole lot easier if your floors are rotted to entire hell before hand.

6. NCrod

NCrod

thanks guys , that was a real pain in the ole ace!