Register now to get rid of these ads!

remove rear window in 1956 buick 2d ht

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by old56, Oct 17, 2019.

1. old56

old56
    from ne.

remove rear window inn 1956 buick 2d ht

2. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

A big rock will do it in short order.....

3. demon452

demon452
    from Michigan

Remove trim, cut around the gasket with a knife then remove. Pretty straight forward. After cutting around the window slightly push on window to see if you have to cut more. Can run a knife on inside and outside of window as well. I wouldn't recommend on trying to save the gasket. Can be done but you will risk breaking the window.

4. old56

old56
    from ne.

It's got two sets of trim on rear glass how to get them off two trims on the bottom of the glass and one set around the glass is the trim in the rubber or held in with clips

5. demon452

demon452
    from Michigan

I would recommend buying a manual on eBay.

Lower trim is bolted on under package tray I believe (8) in total. Once removed the other lower trim has screws underneath the 1st trim piece you removed.The 2 side pieces have a stud running through the body (1) nuts on each side. Maybe have to cut or pull back on the seal. Have to remove interior trim for those. Then lastly top has clips.

6. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

Before you do anything, and I have been down this road, check first if you can obtain a new gasket, before you cut the old one. Check with Steel.

Chebby belair likes this.
  7. old56

old56
    from ne.

thanks demon 452 going to get after it now need the back glass slicked up and a new gasket there pricey but need one bad I'll check with steel priced others about 210 thanks again