Register now to get rid of these ads!

remote m/c

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 61bone, Mar 5, 2005.

1. 61bone

61bone

:confused: Converting my single axle brake 27 T to 4 wheel discs. I like the look of the old fruitjar on the firewall, but want the security of a dual M/C. So I am proposing to put the dual m/c in the trunk and activate it with a morse cable. Anybody try this? How did it work?

2. nobux

nobux

I think I would feel more secure using something like a reverse mount Wilwood pedal assembly that puts the master under the dash.

Nobux

3. 61bone

61bone

Might work, but where would I put my size 14s?:p

4. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Hmmmm....
    I guess an underbody master is out of the question?
    Oh, yeah...hanging pedals to complete the illusion! I forgot.

IF you like the fruit jars so much, I wonder could you use two on the firewall...one for the front circuit,one for rear and then have an adjustable balance bar setup under the dash to activate them and set the front/rear bias at the same time?
    you know...some racecar heritage to make it REAL instead of fake...and different instead of lame!

Your killing the nostalgia look with the 4 wheel discs anyway...go race car style to make it more of an acceptable modification.

Not sure if you would need modifications to the bore size of the master cylinders if you did that...you'd need to check it out with a performance brake site or a HAMB expert.

5. nzsimon

nzsimon

My master cylinder is under the dash in the 32 and I just made a remote filler on the dash in a descrete place

Look at any of the vans either US or Japanese I used a Toyota Hiace as it is really close to an Inch bore