Register now to get rid of these ads!

remote Battery terminals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dan marx, Mar 8, 2008.

1. dan marx

dan marx
    from Rembert SC

OK now, when you put the battery in trunk, you need to be able to jump the car when the battery is dead. :cool: So, what is the best idea for a remote battery terminal on the firewall. It is going on my 57 Ford Custom, so it need to look "nice".:rolleyes:

2. belle

belle

3. NVRA #84

NVRA #84

You can get remote terminals from race car parts supplier such as Speedway. They are made with insulated washers so they can be mounted through holes drilled in the metal and they have color coded rubber covers to help keep them from shorting out. The battery on my racer is behind the left rear tire and in front of the axle, a bitch to get to, I have remote terminals mounted on the left rear seat deck and are real easy to get to.

4. dan marx

dan marx
    from Rembert SC

Now we are getting somewhere. However, trunk lock is electric, no key, shaved the lock. Need to have the alternator bolt to the remote terminal and the hot wire to the starter selinoid.

5. Robert gilbert

Robert gilbert
    from boston

Put them under the car , or put a hidden trunk release lever under the car

6. tootallrodder

tootallrodder
    Member Emeritus

I made up a bracket asembly with remote terminals mentioned above. They are direct wired to the battery.

The bracket is attached to the rear cross member of the frame and is almost invisible. But they are a life saver when the battery is in the trunk.

7. duke182

duke182

tihis seems to be the most logical solution. would help to keep down clutter under the hood

8. Brian W

Brian W

9. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

A "jumper Plug" is a very standard aircraft item. A trip to your local general aviation airport, a few minutes chatting with the mechanics and you'll have another idea to add to your collection. Not super cheap, bit very well designed. Cessna and Piper use different type cable terminals. Pick one or the other and you'll be able to help others (and yourself).