Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures REMEMBER WHEN? -POST THOSE VINTAGE VIDEO'S & PHOTO'S OF THE PAST SHOWS.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 8, 2021.

1. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

No grey hair, stroker cap's, bell bottoms, plaid and T-bucket's everywhere, thanks for the ride in the time machine.:)

ladyhrp and Deuces like this.
  2. 2935ford

2935ford

Hmmmmm, I once posted pics of shows in the 70's and they got deleted..........

ladyhrp and chryslerfan55 like this.

3. First street rod nationals in Peoria 1970. HRP

4. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Thanks Danny.

ladyhrp and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  5. Here are some I took in 1989 while living in SoCal. It's the 1989 LA Roadster Show. (most of these have been posted before, but a long time ago)...lots of fugly wheels, hope they don't get deleted. That's just the way it was back then.
    Knoll Logo-2.JPG Knoll Logo-3.JPG
    Knoll Logo-4.JPG
    Knoll Logo-5.JPG
    Knoll Logo-6.JPG Knoll Logo-7.JPG Knoll Logo-8.JPG Knoll Logo-9.JPG Knoll Logo-10.JPG Knoll Logo-11.JPG Knoll Logo-12.JPG Knoll Logo-13.JPG
    Knoll Logo-14.JPG Knoll Logo-15.JPG Knoll Logo.JPG
    All were taken on Kodachrome transparency film and scanned to the computer.

6. Thanks Tom. HRP

ladyhrp likes this.
  7. primed34

primed34

The gold '55 Chevy in the Lookout Mountain video is mine. I was at Gatlinburg in it in the other video. I still have the car but it sits lower now.

8. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Noticed they had their left arms hanging out...

9. I always liked this car. HRP

[​IMG]

ladyhrp and maneri like this.
  10. 32fenderless

32fenderless

Cal Tanaka. A real hot rod.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

11. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2021-5-20_4-32-47.png
    “A photo of Dennis Rosetti's 1923 Ford Model T Pick Up that Junji snapped at the Long Beach Sports Arena in 1971. Dennis' Model T featured a psychedelic flame paint job by Ron Schramek. Photo courtesy of Junji Nakamura.”

Thank you, Sondre at Kustomrama

Hello,

Having a ton of photos and notes disappear over the years in the household moves for our family, one tends to try and remember everything that was going on during those photo shoot days. As much as it was fun and exciting, a little sorrow was found when some photos and negatives were lost. So, time, memories, and helpful resources are the best thing about computers and the internet.

Just his past year, Kustomrama and their vast resources helped me get the background facts of my photos for a car show we went to in Long Beach. I had the facts on paper, but we all know what happens to little notes in film files over time and many household moves.

The huge resources and contributions to and from Kustomrama allowed me to actually label (what a concept!) the digital edition of the color slide. It is always good to have the vast base of custom cars and hot rods from across the world. Plus, the contributors to site with the real facts and not copied from the internet photos or suppositions is the best way to document old photos.

upload_2021-5-20_4-49-50.png
    @SuperFleye

Jnaki

The colorful flames on the T-Bucket roadster, were the beginnings of the world of flame painting that involved, water drop flames as a different way to showcase the standard flame patterns.
    upload_2021-5-20_4-55-48.png