Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Remember cars with names or writing on the trunk lid?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 11, 2017.

1. American Machine and Foundry? :D

alanp561, funk 49, Jet96 and 2 others like this.
  2. thunderplex

thunderplex

I'll translate into English, (Good-bye My Friend) or, ...something like that.

[​IMG]

3. slowmotion

slowmotion

No bowling balls or scooters involved, Beaner.....:D

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. Larry T

Larry T

I've got a picture somewhere, but I'm not going to look it up right now - Seen at OKC NSRA deal a long time ago on a chopped n dropped, blown big block early 50s Chevy truck.

"Unique is what we seek, bizarre is what we are!"

Also had a wolf in a zoot suit leaning against an old street sign painted on it.

C. John Stutzer and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  5. LAROKE

LAROKE

That's how they say goodbye in Spanish Harlem.

pecker head and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  6. I didn't "ink" my cars but I did put some "temporary tattoos" on the back end with white shoe polish on week ends at the strip. I did "Fairly Rapid" for a season or two and eventually christened my car with the name "Quicker'Nell", also just for the track. The lettering always got rubbed off in the pits before hitting the highway back home.

7. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My first car was in 1962, a black primered, '56 Chevy 4-door with a 235, 3-speed on the floor, installed by the PO so the shift pattern was backwards. I bought it for $15.00, learned how to rebuild the brake system and bought 4 used tires from the junkyard for $20.00 (installed) and thought I was pretty well set. I painted a small "6-Pack" on the trunk (6-cyls, not 6 barrels).
    One of my regrets in life, was never having taken a picture of it. It was, in retrospect, a real pos, but it was MY pos !

ShortyLaVen and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  8. Between the tail lights on the decklid of our Barracuda bracket racer...

"You CAN Tuna Fish ... But You Can't Tune-A-Ford!" :p

funk 49, kiwijeff, mad mikey and 2 others like this.
  9. southerncad

southerncad

We had a guy in the neighborhood that had 47-48 Merc coupe with an almost cartoon rake, the tires on the back were so huge, I'm sure he couldn't even break em' loose...he had "Statutory Rake" painted on the trunk:rolleyes:

10. H380

H380
    from Louisiana

I saw a painted on bucket with a label that said "FeO2". Thought is was funny.

Jet96 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  11. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

My first wife was an ignoramus raised on the 'East side' of San Jose. (CA) Seemed nice & polite when I met her, but gradually developed a big stupid mouth.
    I had a white '56 Ford Sunliner (convertible) that I was working on, (engine/drive train, mainly) and by the time I had it all 'in tune', the officials were tearing it down under protest weekly at Fremont Drag Strip. "Too fast, gotta be cheatin'!"
    Never found 'it'...:D
    Anyway, 'Big Mouth Jan' takes to calling it 'The White Rat', pissed me off so bad I had my striper bud Shannon paint that on the rear fin on each side...BUT, as I had learned from the Pontiac guys, there'd be 'imitators'. (Pontiacs were named "Tin Indian #1" thru "Tin Indian #26",) AFAIC (as far as I counted)
    So, Shannon adorned each side fin with "White Rat #1" . It wore that for months, until I got my big match race with Gilbert. He had a '56 Chevy that was well, Unbeaten. (he also had an uncle with a speed shop in Hayward, and had been torn down at Fremont for going too quick...and caught. Can't hide that Chevy Gow like you could the Fords!)
    They banned him for a month, or so he said...
    Anyway, I raced him 3 times, on Coffin Road...(Santa Clara, really!) Waxed him all 3. Most of Santa Clara witnessed it...Drew more folks than a funeral!)

So, back to Shannon's Striping Driveway...had him remove "White Rat", simply leaving "#1"...
    Big Mouth hated it! Hated it worse when I divorced her... "Big Mouth #1!"

Hnstray, kiwijeff, Jet96 and 4 others like this.
  12. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

I'm waiting to see a "patina" [aka "ratted out"] 32 Ford Coupe labeled "Lil Douche Coupe":D

zzford, ShortyLaVen, kiwijeff and 2 others like this.
  13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

used to be a guy on here named "Curt" or something like that:rolleyes:. he named his car Cumdumpster:)

14. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

15. A local guy named Bobby Lewis had a b.a. 396 Chevelle ...Ct. license BLEW (B LEW). Became pretty well known with the street racers as Blew.
    Later on, he decided to race at the track, and had his Nova lettered as "The Notorious Blew".

Of course, we can't forget the over-used Blew-By-You.

mad mikey and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  16. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Not quite a trunk but the back of car.

Pat

Attached Files:

HealeyRick and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  17. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

18. HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

20. Ex-wives............. "A thing of beauty and a joy to be passed tense"*.

* I think that's how it goes. If not, it should be. :mad:

21. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Oops, double posting!

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  22. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

My first purpose built drag car was a 56 Chevrolet, Model 150, Utility Sedan (AKA Business Coupe), Pro Bracket Car. It was painted refrigerator white, and I called the car Dandelion, like the Rolling Stones song. On the lower edge of the trunk was "Dandelion will make you wise", one of the songs lyrics. Well, guys I knew started writing in shoe polish on their trunk lids, "Blow away Dandelion", another lyric from the song. Became a big rub with me. After I rebuilt the car, it only had a single, drivers side, bucket seat in it, and it became, "Standing Room Only". One of my friends in high school (66-69) had an old 1950 Pontiac with a straight eight and Hydramatic. Another friend of ours was a budding artist, and he lettered Tom's Pontiac; down low on the trailing edges of the front fenders, and low on the right side of the trunk lid was, "GTO", in the factory block script. I don't think The Judge was available yet, or it might have said that. That straight eight burned oil bad, you could see Tom coming and going. I worked at a Standard Chevron Dealer all through high school, and once a week, Tom would come in, and pull the drip tray out of the oil display/garbage can, and dump it in the engine (a mix of all the different oils and ATF). Once a year, he and his Dad would drop the oil pan in the Pontiac, and clean the oil pickup screen. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  23. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

"My first wife was an ignoramus.....................". She come from some place in Eastern Europe, Ignoramia?
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

24. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

Mine was on the roll pan of an ot Pickup. It was "never satisfied". It was a multiple meaning thing. My dad was always asking "Why you doing it that way?" And it was semi custom lowered etc and since I was always tinkering with it my wife said "no matter how much money you spend or what you do to it you will never been satisfied." Same goes with my coupe. since it was my dad's and it is going to be custom, I hear them both.

Atwater Mike and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  25. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Cripes, if I see another Yosemite Sam I'll puke!
    OK, wiseacres, go ahead so I can get it out of my system.

Jet96 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  26. CoolYourJets

CoolYourJets

This will tell you what generation I belong to, but my car says "Save Ferris" on the back.

27. Toqwik

Toqwik

My buddy in the early 90's had the California raisins painted on the back of his car with "raisin he'll" painted on it. Folks loved it then but now most people would be clueless.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

28. Blown35

Blown35

29. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Better not tune into Discovery Channel's, "Alaskan Bush People", then, with the head of the family, "Billy", and his Yosemite Sam moustache. Never seen that guy smoking on the show, but his gray moustache sure shows the smoke tinted whiskers. Makes ME want to "puke"; don't drag my home State down with that group of transplanted hillbillies. JMO. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

mad mikey and Toqwik like this.
  30. Toqwik

Toqwik

That's freaking hilarious! My family thought that was how all the folks in Alaska are. Don't take it personal, I'm from WV, still have all my teeth, can't play the banjo, don't have a sister to kiss, never went to a reunion to pick up chicks, and never been abducted by a UFO. (But I have seen one).

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Thor1 and Hnstray like this.