Register now to get rid of these ads!

Relix Riot III Gilmore car Museum Hickory Corners MI

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Low Flying A, Jul 5, 2011.

1. telecaster_6

telecaster_6

Sunny in the mid to upper 70's. Weather.com says 30% chance of rain....then again they've said that almost every day this summer.

2. koolkat269

koolkat269

how about the top of every hour who ever wants to meet we do it in front of the "Lincoln" sign? you will know what i'm talking about when you get there.

3. Dman

Dman

Hi. I am planning on coming Friday night and camping. I have never been there before so could somebody fill me in on where to go for the camping. Will we camp by our cars? What time can I/should I show up on Friday night? Will it be marked where to go? Will there be camp fires there? Curious people want to know. Thanks

4. All rain-X'ed and ready to go. Was going to be a "date" for me and the (much) better half, but the girls want to go too so now it's going to be a family affair minus Dutch Jr. 6 weeks might be a little young for the show.

See ya'll in the AM.

5. Headed out soon!

Should be in around 6:30 or 7:00. Have a beer waiting please!

6. Well all and all it was a good time. We had some " character building " moments on the trip over electrical issues were the theme of the evening. We rolled into the pre party @ around 10 ( holy shit it's dark in the midddle of nowhere!!! ) We left and saw 30% chance of rain , no biggie right? turn on the tube this morning its now 80% no rain gear, sweatshirt, nothing!!!! Frozen, wet, but still had a great time. Stopped raining, rain exd everyone up and hit the highway for a nice uneventful drive back to motown. I can see how this show could just keep getting better. The Relix ran it nice and loose, the grounds are awesome, awesome music, and good freinds, if the weather would have cooperated it would have been killer. That being said I cant wait till next year. Thanks to the Relix car club for throwing this shindig!!!!

One other thing. For those of you on this board that see an event and think man thats kind of far....... F that give your ride a once over, get it ready, and hit the highway. I havent got to do that in a long time and man there is nothing better than getting out on the road with freinds and putting some miles down. Support your Local Scene!!!!

7. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Great location for a show and the host club were a good bunch of guys. The ride down was cool except for a little issue with a bad gas gauge and a fuel run. The ride home was a flash flood! Kalamazoo was water logged and damn, they got some deep puddles!
    Had a few little scares with "Death WOBBLE" caused by a bad belt in one of the tires but the trip was still a good time. We seen a wreck along M43 (I think) where an old Chebbie slid off the road and into the woods. I hope everyone was OK.

8. koolkat269

koolkat269

Was the new way homw easier for ya all to get back?

9. koolkat269

koolkat269

I'm glad you got the carhome in one piece lol. I'll have the pics of that Forty for you when you get to work monday.

10. doozcoupe

doozcoupe

Been going every year since its inception. A great show thats gets better every year. Good job guys. See you next year!

11. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

yesterdays show was awesome great time again this year. yeah it rain'd abit but it all worked out in the end lots of cars and a great swap/vendor turn out. had an awesome time it with the singlefinger crew once again!
    heres a few pics
    george

Attached Files:

12. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

more.

Attached Files:

13. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

and these.

Attached Files:

14. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

more..

Attached Files:

15. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

and i will post more later, i also have about 200 pic's of the cars inside if anybody wants to see something spec. let me kno

Attached Files:

16. Yes it was. On the way there on Friday we drove threw a area of Battle Creek that made us guys from Detroit do a "roll em up" . 94 was dry for the most part, very good for the 2 cars rolling on Cheater Slicks. I gues the same storms that rolled through the area hit Detroit and closed down the Woodward Dream cruise due to down power lines. Thank God we only had rain and some thunder.

17. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

and more...

Attached Files:

18. flathead A

flathead A
    from michigan

Had a great time at the riot,got there late 11:30(finished putting in rear end in the AV8 sat morning),checked out the swap meet(not bad),cars (great turn out),music(excellent), Bettie contest(VOTED FOR #3),and ate some food.Started to rain so we checked out the museum , been there before "WHAT A GREAT VENUE",talked to a lot of guys who have similar thoughts on traditional rides.All in all had a good time,good job Relix.Can't wait till next year.

Menno

19. Great show! Thanks to the Relix and all that had a hand in putting the Riot together. I had never been to the Gilmore, I must be living in a cave. Perfect venue for a traditional show. We waited out the shower and the good time continued. Meet a lot of great cars and their owners. I looked at the sky to the west, canceled a motel room and did one of my favorite things....took a drive. See ya next year.

20. Woody94

Woody94
    from Holly, MI

Great pics Dogpatch, and thanks for posting them, couldn't make it out...

21. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

We had a blast, thanx again to "Relix" CC for hosting a great event. Friday evening had problem with the '36, who's aging Quadrajet decided that the threads in the inlet fitting had held long enough and started leaking. Luckily I'm only 2 miles from home, so I went home and grabbed a package of JB Weld, smeard the threads and (gently!) snugged it up. 2 hours later (used the "Qwik Weld") the carb was leak free.

I lent one of the batteries from the trailer, jumper cables, my booster pack and directions to the closest Auto Zone to a couple guys from Indiana who's alternater had failed, helped a friend who's Model A had eaten a fuel line (DON'T USE THAT CLEAR RED STUFF FOR FUEL LINES!!!), and was all set to enjoy a quiet evening and bottle of champaign, when ANOTHER guy needed rescue.

This time, I went home, unloaded the Mustang from my car trailer, and loaded up a guy from Indy's Nailhead powered A coupe who's electronic ignition module called it quits, and took him to his hotel in K'zoo. He'd called his wife who was on her way up with his trailer, so it all worked out, I hope.

Another fun weekend!

Brian

22. lowelife

lowelife

Had a great time despite a few issues with my traveling partners. The grounds are amazing and the museum is top notch! This has to be one of the best shows around and it will get bigger. Can't wait til next year, should bring both cars then!

23. lowongas

lowongas

OMG..whats FRICKING blast I HAD..!! First time there and I was SO stunned by what a perfect show it was..VERY VERY well put together.Didnt hear anyone bitching..!! Swap meet was cool..( How come I NEVER bring enough money..??LOL.. didnt sell my 29 sedan though ) but I had a GREAT time anyway.Got to catch up and see some OLD friends and made few new ones.I was so bummed out when the weather turned nasty and had to get the truck back I rented back to Detroit....worst of all ..I FORGOT to go through the all of the buildings..!!! Thanks to all of the people to who put this show on....!!

24. JoKerr

JoKerr

Another great event well done RELIX.Great venue killer bikes,hot rods day was to short. Headed out to local drag strip ignition decided had enough thanks to fellow hamb member for rescuing me Flynbrian48 thank you im in debt to you my freind.Great show see ya next year!

25. twochops

twochops

Was planning to go to the show.BUT putting power disc brakes
    on my 57 Buick is taking forever to finsh up. Be there next year.
    YES it is a nice show -------TwoChops

26. koolkat269

koolkat269

On the way home my dad had a little trouble with his Willys pick up.

Attached Files:

27. hotroddeuce

hotroddeuce
    from Mi

Had a good time there, brought my '32 3 window out for its first time out and set up in the swap meet again, however will only do the show next time around. While I have done the swap since the first show just seems I have always missed all the killer cars by the time I decide to walk around in the show being setup in the swap alone, next year gonna just have the car and check out all the cool stuff there. I see this show going nowhere but BIGGER AND BETTER in the future.

28. ^^^^^^ hotroddeuce's car was incredible, my favorite of the show ^^^^

I had and awesome time in spite the rain. Met lots of cool folks and saw some great cars. I even left with a little hardware to decorate the shop.

[​IMG]

What an awesome venue!

[​IMG]

A big thanks to the Relix for a job well done. Definately plan on attending next year.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  29. hotroddeuce

hotroddeuce
    from Mi

daddy o's diner Thanks for the compliment on my 3 window. Was that your black 5 window pointing towards the food booth on the corner? I wanted to check it out but the rain came in as I started checking out the cars.Russ

30. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Glad you're home AOK! How was the ride in my trailer queen? :p

Brian

Attached Files: