Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Relix Riot 2014 pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Olson, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Olson

Olson

I didn't see another thread for pics yet, so here's a link to a couple hundred in my fotki album.

I'd hope to run into some hambers there today, but I didn't recognize anyone. Was there with my Dad...was a good day. Pardon the lack of quality or cohesion...hard to get down and around to the good angles while trying to keep a dangling cane from bumping into the cars.

http://public.fotki.com/Gluhead/car-stuff/relix-riot-2014/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
    Maverick Daddy likes this.
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. phat rat

phat rat

Was that cane red? If so you talked with me in the swap. I had the 40 Chevy sedan for sale on the black trailer. There were at least 8-10 Hamb guys there that I know of. I looked at the pictures and this is the rundown. #28 Bobwop that's him sitting behind it, #109 CraftyB not sure if he's still here or not, #163 348Tripower, #187 Flynbrian, #189 Twochops.,

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  4. Olson

Olson

No, it's a very aged natural wood cane, but I did look at that sedan for a minute. We need floating arrows above our heads for identifying from a distance. lol. It's been a while since I've been able to get to/through a car show...I was about ready to crawl out when I left...almost asked a cruiser for a ride to the gate. :D Well worth it, though.

5. phat rat

phat rat

I was wearing a Hamb Drags T-shirt

6. greg37

greg37
    from mi.

I'm # 758 green 37 truck. I had a great day, some really nice hot rod's

7. killbilly

killbilly

I was there,Silent Rick,Tonka,Dman313,Duckman Rob,etc

8. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

I was there trying to sell my zephyr.

9. Olson

Olson

Okay. *I* need floating hamb tags over peoples heads! :D

10. T-DeWitt

T-DeWitt

Another good show put on by Relix.I really enjoyed pushing my boy around and looking at all the bitchin cars.I think he really like grandpa's car though.
    Can't wait for next year.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

11. 23buckethead

23buckethead
    from Kokomo,in

I was there #762 - #768 my first time at this show it won't be my last.

Road Kings

12. retromotors

retromotors

Great pics man, thanks for sharing. You have a good eye.

13. 30modelacoupe

30modelacoupe

Great Pics! Thanks for sharing.

14. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

thanks for taking some great shots of the Royal Tahitian. Always great to see you Jack.

15. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Great variety of rods/customs...........Thanks for posting !

Ray

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  16. phat rat

phat rat

Bob, sorry I didn't have more time to talk when you came around. By the time I closed shop you'd already left.

17. Jade

Jade

Thanks for sharing the pix. I wish I would have went instead of going to Woodward.:(

18. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

this show is right on top of my list, along with Back to the 50's

casual, swap meet, great show by those that drive in, the museum is awesome.

one not to miss

19. Olson

Olson

That car was sweet. I liked a lot of cars there, but that one did stand out.

Sorry Bob...which one is that?

Glad you guys are enjoying the pics. I gotta say, I'm surprised they turned out at all. My back is a train wreck and for most of them I just tried to get in the ballpark and click, with the camera held down and not being able to see the screen. lol. They got worse as I got toward the end of my able-to-walk rope...with me literally just walking down the rows and clicking as I get to them. Ha.

Pain aside, I was there with my Dad, and that was great. He's a retired body/paint man and whenever the subject of my old Ford or old cars in general comes up, he goes right to the "old cars are money pits...80k into it and can't get half that back" blah blah. I wanted him to see that for me, and for a lot of people, it's very possible to enjoy old cars without spending as much as a house. I think I may have finally chipped a corner off that stone.

With or without him, I'll be back to this show for sure. Hopefully next year I'll have the '46 running. It's only a couple hours SW. I haven't been too active on the hamb in the last several years, so maybe by the time it rolls around next year it'll be easier to spot people again. If anyone is in/around Mt. Pleasant or Alma give me a yell on the...conversation (Ryan, you really gotta work on that one. lol).

20. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

21. Olson

Olson

Ah, okay. Yep that was a great looking car. That you in the pic, then? If so then we did chat for a moment, but just.

This would be me.
    [​IMG]

22. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

yup, that is you!

23. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

thanks for stopping by and thanks for taking and posting all the great photos

24. Olson

Olson

Good to meet ya Bob. I'll try to hang around longer next time. Still can't get that interior out of my head...it's making me rethink how I want to do mine...a little. And those armrests...taillights? Or just red plex with some reflective pattern behind them? Spacey.

25. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I think they were just something that was made up. But then again....

they light when the opposite door is opened

26. millersgarage

millersgarage

cool shots, thanks for sharing.
    The black 47 in the last 3 photos on page 7, and the first on page 8 is mine.

27. Silverado85

Silverado85

That was a great show. All pre 64. On the grass in a great location at the Gilmore Car Museum. I posted a lot of pictures on instagram. Check jksail1 for my photos. Cheers!

28. Silverado85

Silverado85

Check jksail1 for photos on IG

Attached Files:

29. FlatheadFanFromMI

FlatheadFanFromMI

The gold T' in photo #1 is my buddy Dennis, the DMan on here.

30. Olson

Olson

Yep, that settles it then. Clearly, alien technology. I can get behind that.

I thought it may be, but wasn't entirely sure. I read through your thread on it and really like what you've done with it. I have a '46 Tudor about an hour North of you that I'm finally digging into after buying it last fall from a fellow hamber in the Detroit area. If you're ever up in the Mt. Pleasant/Alma area give me a holler.

Also, I'm pretty sure my brother had that console in one of his cars when I was still a kid. What's it from? I just can't recall. I thought it was cool as hell then and still do.

I have a thing for '26-'27 T Coupes. Bad. Really bad! After my '46 is done, that's what I want next. Hopefully I can fit in one again by then too. Ha! [pats gut]