Register now to get rid of these ads!

Relay NorCal to OkC or save the COE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vintage56, Sep 13, 2008.

1. I have a guy w/ a cabover in Vallejo, CA who is losing his storage. An honest week or so left before he has to think about "disposing" of it and he's pretty much sick about it. If there's some off chance we could relay this thing to Oklahoma City, I'd see about covering fuel. To be honest, I don't see me being able to pull this off, but really don't want this truck to meet the demise the last one I was after did. The best way I see this coming about is if somebody can store it for short periods of time along the way.

I'm most interested in seeing this truck saved. If we can't get this thing to Okieland, somebody else ought to step up and nab this decent truck.

It's not a runner but not far from it either. It does roll. Should be a reasonably easy load with a good winch.

I've been looking for one of these for years and have the trucks best interest at heart.

JML

2. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

I love those old COEs too. Wish we had more time - I'd suggest a straight through road trip, but that wouldn't be too much fun and it'd be my luck to get out there and have something go wrong with my truck.

3. yeah man. plus it's about $400 in gas each way. adds up real quick.
    JML

4. okay, is there anybody in the bay area that has transport/storage capability for about 30 days?

I have a guy local that is planning a trip within 30 days but I need to get this truck moved from it's current location muy pronto.

c'mon guys this situ is legit. the guy seriously has to get this truck gone or the unthinkable will happen.

JML

5. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

I am about 4 hours north of there, but can provide storage for a while if you can get it here. If that may help, send me a PM.

6. 4woody

4woody

I'm about 2 hours south in Watsonville. Could store it in my parking lot at work for a month, but can't help with getting it from Vallejo to here. Lemme know if that helps you.

7. Between Crusty Nut (If it's OK with him ) and I we can probably store it until May (Outdoor storage here though). The $600 could go a long way to help the $2000 cost of my round trip to Mich. I'm taking an empty 20 ft carhauler to Michigan in May & a 400 mile detour would be OK. If I could get approx $600 for gas i'd drop it off at your front door.

I'm 7 mile north of the Calif boarder in Oregon on the coast. PM me for a Cell # & we can discuss it.

Movin on