Register now to get rid of these ads!

Registered my A- NO PAPERWORK!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Sep 12, 2004.

1. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

what did you say when they asked you how long you have owned it ...

try telling them you just bought the frame and body a couple of years ago see how easy it is ....
    [​IMG]

2. [ QUOTE ]
    as i said ....best kept to yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

likewise.

3. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Jim, you suck for telling me this... maybe if I can get the company to move me backto Cal I can use this "simple proces"

My A is going to be a pain down here it looks like, may have to use those guys in Ark or Alabama that do the bill of sale..

4. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Indiana is pretty much the same way. You have to get a "lost title" form from the BMV, have an officer come inspect the numbers, they run a title history in Indiana only. After 8 weeks you get a new title for about $35. The downside is that cars from Indiana really might still be titled in someones name from Indiana from way back and then you could be screwed. But there aren't any good old cars from Indiana anyway so we bring your cars here and title em. It's completely legal. Now that making up numbers thing is maybe a little gray but it's no worse than "rebodying" a car like all the mustang and muscle car guys do. The law allows you to build a whole new car around your VIN replacing every single body panel of the original car but it's not legal to change the numbers from one car to another. Go figure. I know it is done to protect new cars from theft (buy a wrecked car with title, steal a good one from the mall parking lot and transfer the numbers from your salvage car) but for restoring I think they kind of look the other way since we usually own both cars and it is the sensible thing to do...plus no one ever really knows besides the guy who does it.

5. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

I am going to by a California Car (body and parts actually)soon. Its a nontitled model T. When you go through the process does California actually create a title. Cuz it is a pain to get a title in MN... Have to get a bond and a bunch of paper. So if I could get the current owner to get a title would save me the trouble. Thanks for any help.

6. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

[ QUOTE ]

5) In-n-Out

[/ QUOTE ]

Tease......and don't forget Rubio's fish tacos.

7. NealinCA

NealinCA

Cool. I just went through almost the same thing for my rpu and I just got the Pink Slip in the mail. The State of CA says I own a 1932 Ford, and it is registered with a pair my great grandfather's 1932 California license plates. [​IMG]

How cool is that?

Neal

8. ruralrod

ruralrod

jim,

goin to billetproof?

pachi

9. I wasn't invited [​IMG]

My dad has a show going on Sunday on the Peir in Redondo Beach so I'll be there.

10. Lucky you.
    That's all I can say. Its a nightmare here in good ol MO.

Oh they did change the rules on number inspection for the 3rd time this year. Now it gets done by the guy at the gas station that does saftey inspection. So if you know a crooked inspector (who doesn't?) then its a little easier to fudge an out of state ride by.

11. KIRK!

KIRK!

[ QUOTE ]
    I wasn't invited [​IMG]

My dad has a show going on Sunday on the Peir in Redondo Beach so I'll be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell are you talking about. You were the very first person to get a flyer.

12. burndup

burndup
    from Norco, CA

<h1>BULLSHIT.</h1>

I am certain you got NOWHERE without "creatively constructed" bill of sale, in some way, shape, or form.

Either that, or you look like a young Errol Flynn and kissed the DMV lady's ass for a good ten minutes to moisten her up good for what you were about to shove on her.

$50 ALONE to have her walk her 3ft wide ass out to your VIN to inspect it. THEN, about the same for your reg, assuming you again FABRICATED the truthfulnes of your purchase price, which you likely said was under 300 bux.

80% of whether you have an easy day or not at the DMV is based ENTIRELY of the subjectivity of the lady behind the counter, and if she's PMS'ing, come back another day.

Either that, or there is some gold chainer "good ol boys' club" thing going on that you omitted mentioning.

13. [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I wasn't invited [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell are you talking about. You were the very first person to get a flyer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey man, don't get scrappy- I was kiddin' cause I feel like the unwanted cousin these days (where's the love?). I REALLY wish I could be there more than you know but one of my BEST friends is having their 40th Birthday that night. Let me know if you are going to take some artsy peektures- I think I know of a good place to show them off [​IMG]

14. [ QUOTE ]
    <h1>BULLSHIT.</h1>

I am certain you got NOWHERE without "creatively constructed" bill of sale, in some way, shape, or form.

Either that, or you look like a young Errol Flynn and kissed the DMV lady's ass for a good ten minutes to moisten her up good for what you were about to shove on her.

$50 ALONE to have her walk her 3ft wide ass out to your VIN to inspect it. THEN, about the same for your reg, assuming you again FABRICATED the truthfulnes of your purchase price, which you likely said was under 300 bux.

80% of whether you have an easy day or not at the DMV is based ENTIRELY of the subjectivity of the lady behind the counter, and if she's PMS'ing, come back another day.

Either that, or there is some gold chainer "good ol boys' club" thing going on that you omitted mentioning.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a VERY elaborate conspiracy plan accusation but absolutely none of it is even close to what happened. I don't know what's up with the gold chain bullshit but that's something I could not be further from, but I would expect such stupid shit from a homosexual, import lovin', shop lifting, well-fare abusing jackass (well that's just what I hear around town- and in no way do I believe it's completely true).

I'd tell you exactly what happened but first I already did that in the first post and second I don't need to waste any more space on the HAMB with this. Thanks buddy [​IMG] Maybe when they start letting "your people" legally marry you won't feel the need to be so angy- Godspeed!

And read it again carefully and you will see it was $50 TOTAL for the registration- the VIN inspection was free from a local police officer- ask your probation officer if he might know a friendly one that's into cars.

15. Tackett

Tackett

[ QUOTE ]

Printed out an application for a title and a serial number verification sheet to be filled out by a qualified peace officer

50 bucks, not for a month, full coverage for 6 MONTHS!

[/ QUOTE ]

Two questions JimA
    1) Do you know a qualified peace officer, and if not, where did you find one (I'm also in Torrance).

B) Who's your insurance carrier? Your rates sound far better than mine.

Thanks,
    Tackett

16. There's a few around- a group that goes to the Saturday morning cruise at Sav-Ons is a good place to start. But I believe you can ask any California Highway Patrol officer as well.

I use State Farm. They kill me on my daily driver because of too many points so I was really suprised to get a good rate on the Model A.

17. KIRK!

KIRK!

No harshness intended at all. I just like to cuss. Plus I know that you know you're invited, flyer or no flyer.

18. yngrodder

yngrodder

Count yourself lucky I have a title and Im going though a bunch of shit to get mine registered. The guy died who owned it and the wife signed the title and gave me a death certificate. Now the state is telling Me I need to show where he left it to her. I come to find out that she was POA and there was no will with that car in it everything was left to her but there is no Paperwork left to show that because He died over 10 years ago.
    The Lawyer said he could draw up papers but it looks like that is going to cost more than a different title. Go Figure!!!

19. burndup

burndup
    from Norco, CA

[ QUOTE ]
    but I would expect such stupid shit from a homosexual, import lovin', shop lifting, well-fare abusing jackass Maybe when they start letting "your people" legally marry you won't feel the need to be so angy- Godspeed!

[/ QUOTE ]

What the fuck is up with this shit, cockbreath? If you lived up north I figure you were the one changing Marcus' shitty Depends...

I'd love to see you say those words to ANYONE in person... seeing how far your denture fragments fly would be priceless.

Hopefully you never need me to help you out of a jam.

Did you used to work for TMIS? I think I know who you are.

20. That's the only way I hear you talk to people so I thought you would understand. Yeah I know you- talk crap all day just don't return the favor, right? I'll tell you where I'll be for the next year and you can bring all 5foot 7inches of "tough guy" to come see me. Unlike you, the way I talk (until talked shit to like your post about me lying about registering my car) is EXACTLY how I talk in the REAL WORLD. Ask Shag, KIRK!, SamIam, or anyone of the hundreds of people I've met off the safety of my keyboard. Just remember BIG MAN you threw the sucker punch- I made the witty comeback. Take a joke and you'll go far!

21. [ QUOTE ]
    Hopefully you never need me to help you out of a jam.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so- I have my own set of JACKSTANDS- I know yours are pretty busy. Now go clean up that oily spot in your front yard.

22. Killer

Killer

[ QUOTE ]
    That's a VERY elaborate conspiracy plan accusation but absolutely none of it is even close to what happened. I don't know what's up with the gold chain bullshit but that's something I could not be further from, but I would expect such stupid shit from a homosexual, import lovin', shop lifting, well-fare abusing jackass (well that's just what I hear around town- and in no way do I believe it's completely true).

[/ QUOTE ]

GAWDDAMNIT JIM

you owe me a burrito.

Mines all over my moniter.

23. Hey, I thought I was pretty nice for being told I was a liar. I even put in a smiley [​IMG]

24. I don't have another 3 and a half hours to wait for the tough guy comeback so I'll just check to see what Mr.CRX has to say in the morning [​IMG]

25. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

You guys are having entirely too much fun with this discussion of the intricacies of bureaucracy. Both of you need to go back to the garage and destroy a rusty bolt with a big hammer. Blasted rocker-arm loving, stainless steel wearing pinkboys...
    Mumble, mumble, mutter...

26. burndup

burndup
    from Norco, CA

[ QUOTE ]
    Did you used to work for TMIS? I think I know who you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

TOYOTA Motor Insurance Services? A division of TOYOTA Motor Credit Corporation? I'm not the only one driving an import here...

I'm not gay, so being called such doesnt offend me... I do have nice clothes, thanks. Its more like 5'11", I have never shop lifted in my life, nor would I. I happen to have such a nice white collar existance, I'm resigning my job so I can persue my own interests. So no, I've collected unemployment in the past, but never been fortunate enough to get a free government handout for what I've paid so much into.

"My People" probably INVENTED marriage...

You seem like a very unhappy person... how truly sad. I will quietly wait for and savor the moment when I can witness your being even less happy...

27. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I still miss In &amp; Out burgers and those french fries.

28. Rusty

Rusty

Hello JimA What kind off title did they give you? It wasn't original was it? In Texas you can get a builders title but not a original title with numbers or not. It will either be a Kit car title or builders title or even a salvage title. Is it different ther in California? Let me know

29. No, it's not a special construction or a salvage title- just a real title with no weird stuff.

Hey CRX- since you took what I said LITERALLY and WORD FOR WORD does that mean you have actual proof of Marcus wearing Depends? Because with your lack of humor (at least when it's pointed AT YOU instead of spewing FROM YOU)I have to believe you have some actual first hand knowledge to make such an accusation. And no- I never worked for TOYOTA- read the profile instead of doing a Google search.

30. burndup, why do you think this is bullshit? I used a trophy store for a vin tag on the last one, and didnt even show up for my 32. That's not bullshit.

go to another DMV, or use the Auto Club. You are getting screwed.