Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Reds headers

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by corvair63, Dec 2, 2019.

1. corvair63

corvair63
    from denver

Ok so I’m planning on ordering a header for my model a banger. Only place I can find that has them is Reds Headers. My question is how do I attach the intake to it? I see they have an installation kit but it doesn’t say what it’s for looking at it I assume it’s for attaching the intake to the header. Also if anyone knows of any other companies that sell banger headers please let me know. IMG_1239.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. rally1

rally1

I have Red’s headers on both of my ModelA’s.
    They will not work with updraft carb setups only downdrafts.
    The manifold attaches in the same location as stock, sandwiching the header. Obviously, two gaskets are needed. If the intake has horseshoe style mounts, you will need to buy/fabricate spacers, so the manifold washers have a full surface to clamp to.
    Hopefully my explanation is clear.
    The best single carb downdraft manifold I have found so far is #A-9425-SGL, sold thru Snyders. I have been running this manifold with a Stromberg 97 for six years now, and over 15k miles. Runs great.
    Ken

corvair63 likes this.
  3. corvair63

corvair63
    from denver

I think reds came out with a new header for a stock manifold at least that’s what the website says. Either way way I have a downdraft intake for my banger. So is this installation kit I posted not what I’m thinking it is?

4. Reds is only a phone call away. Just call and if he doesn’t have what you need he can make it.

corvair63 likes this.

5. cederholm

cederholm

Call them! Red's is a good company to deal with and they have the experience. I have have Red's on my flathead.

~ Carl

Desoto291Hemi and corvair63 like this.
  6. corvair63

corvair63
    from denver

Gave them a call and they answered every question I had. Now to wait till Friday when they come in.

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  7. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Red's is a good source for flathead parts as well, not just headers. Bought all the internals for my 8ba from Reds. Good, knowledgeable guy to deal with and fair prices for top quality parts.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    corvair63 likes this.
  8. 40grit

40grit

I agree with all above. Red's supplied my polished heads, intake, and ceramic coated headers. I was very pleased with their service and prices.

John

9. corvair63

corvair63
    from denver

Won’t be needing flathead parts for awhile. Right now I’m hopping up the banger in my 27 t