Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods red vette...palmayra,wis. ????????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by putz, Sep 1, 2016.

1. putz

putz
    from wisc.

there is a red mid year vette ,has big block hood ,has been sitting in the same spot for close to 30 years .i have stopped before to ask if willing to sell ,never any one around . finally after all these years
    i see a guy by the vette ,i stop and he tell me to f... off .any one know the history of car ?
    note: i don,t live in the area , it was finally a chance to see if he would sell .........

2. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

That made me smile. Your probably guy # 2456 that has stalked it, and began to approach the owner. Can't blame anyone for wanting to know more. That's his fault for having it out where people can see it.

falcongeorge likes this.
  3. A Boner

A Boner

Rotting from the inside out.

4. Maddening, isn't it? But it's his.
    '57 Bel Air near me, I was told to eff off 30 years ago when I asked about it. Sill there, sitting about 18'' lower now as it crumbles into the ground. Title and stainless donor at best.

5. putz

putz
    from wisc.

this was a beautiful car when i first seen it ,now the paint on roof is gone and fiber hairs are showing as if it needs a hair cut ....

6. It's obvious the guy probably wants the attention and has the pleasure of telling interested people off.
    I remember someone had a GTO convertible sitting on the side of a house somewhere in that area.
    I knocked on the door to ask if it was for sale and got a rude response. So, let it rot.

7. fuzzface

fuzzface

Mid sixties vette across the street from the airport? that guy I never got to know, heard thru the grape vine he isn't friendly so I never stopped myself. Yes, it is starting to get rough, was nice when he first got it or I should say when he moved in.

The gto convert was rebuilt and lost track of it.

I knew about a 56 thunderbird in that town in a garage down by the lake. stopped a few times and chatted with the old guy that owned it. he was a mechanic at the local ford dealership and it was a trade in and he got it from his boss. he never did anything with it but at least it was parked indoors many years.

he was surprised the first time I stopped and questioned him on it. he wanted to know how I knew about it. Hood was up all this time and just happened to see enough of it through the garage door window from the road to know it was between 55-57 tbird inside.

again never for sale. some day he was going to restore it but he would always show it to me and liked talking about it once he found out I wasn't going to try steal it or anything like that. at the end I happened to make a comment about if he ever did sell it and if he sold it to me he could watch the resto on it anytime he wanted and when it was done he could drive it and I would leave him drive it through the local parade every year. he seemed to like that idea and as long as I promised to restore it and not hot rod it he would think it over and told me to come back in a month.

Month later to the day I went back. garage door was open and the tbird was gone. apparently he died a day or 2 after talking to me and the kids sold it right away. I never heard about him dying even though I was only located a few miles into the country from there but have many friends in town(went to school in that town).

8. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Yep, dead on. Happens a lot with rotting cars. Many times the owners have the garage space or out of eye sight back yard space to stash the car but get off on telling people "they don't want to be asked about the car and to F off". It's the only attention they ever get in life. (then they wonder why someone takes exception to the treatment and vandalizes the car). IT'S THE MOST WORK/ATTENTION THEY'LL EVER GIVE THE CAR!

falcongeorge likes this.
  9. Sad stories. Some times these cars are the guys link to youth and memories. Selling them means giving up. " Ima gunna restore it some day" is their way of cheating the reaper or so they think.

wraymen likes this.
  10. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Around 1960 there was a 55/56 T bird down the street from me parked along side the road, chained to a big tree and me and my friend would pedal by it quite often..It was between the edge of the road and the house property line so it got a good share of snow/salt/sand during the winter being maybe three feet from the road...We stopped once when there was a guy mowing the lawn, he said he owned it and someday it would be worth a lot of money and that we didn't have enough to buy it now...Sat there for about eight years and disappeared ...

11. I guess its kinda like guys that post in a color that's so hard to read.Correct?

12. cfmvw

cfmvw

Some years back in Eliot there was a '67 Corvette with a 427/4 speed that sat in the driveway for many years; hadn't been registered since 1971 or so. There was a sign on the dash threatening to shoot anyone who came near it. When the house was sold, the owner took the car with him.

13. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

This thread reminds me of my brother. My parents helped him buy a 1956 Corvette in 1967 for $500.00. A year later, he got drafted into the Army, so it sat for a few years, until 1970. He came home, started driving the Vette again and about 2 years later, he blew the motor and parked it. It's been parked ever since and there were so many people that wanted to buy it (even now days) and he always tells them to get lost.:D

14. Bingo!
    Whoa, vandalizing some ones property because they are an ass might be a bit over the line.

15. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Same deal here, buddie and I spotted a 55 210 (with perfect patina) in the driveway of a run down old house no more than a mile from me. Knocked on the door and guy did not look happy, had probably been sleeping, asked about the car and the guy just grumbled and closed the door. Went by it a year later and there was a sign propped against the front bumper, it said "don't ask again".

big duece likes this.
  16. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

Hell I thought it was just me,,,

17. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

If you say so Magoo.

Spooky likes this.
  18. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I have some projects lingering around, it would be nice if someone DID ask if they were for sale.........................................

Tman and tb33anda3rd like this.
  19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

LOL! Boy, I can relate!

20. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Was this a coupe? Used to see one in the weeds on trips to Carlton "Junior" Bate's junkyard.

21. putz

putz
    from wisc.

it is a coupe sitting beside a cinder block garage or home about 100 yards off the road ,highway 106 w ,
    across from the small airport .......

22. fuzzface

fuzzface

Yep, that is the same vette I know about too. That cinder block building is made into a rental house. I knew the family that rented there before that guy moved in.

There is also about the same year corvette sitting many years in Oconomowoc just down the street from Nemahbin Lake. But this one is