Register now to get rid of these ads!

Red Green welding vent

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chevy Gasser, Sep 10, 2012.

1. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

We used to get his show on our local pbs (public television) station. i find the show entertaining but not educational.

We get some, but not enough, Canadian content here. I.e., Corner gas, How it's made etc. i see no reason why we shouldn't.

2. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Possum Lodge. Hilarious show.

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Anybody else remember the "Adventures with Bill" segment where Bill was fibbing about building the Canadian Pacifc Railway?

Bill: Yep, I helped string the tracks all the way across this great country...

Red: Gandy dancer?

Bill, shocked, hurt and confused look: Can't you see it's a painful memory?

4. My favorite one was where he claimed to be descended from Anastasia (the heir to the Russian throne)

Bill: And that's why she never liked Russian dressing.

5. Dan Timberlake

Dan Timberlake

And I wouldn't have to wear my tinfoil hat, at least in the shop.

6. 40grit

40grit

I assumed that was part of his home made weight bench. ;)

John L

7. Model T1

Model T1

"If it ain't broke, you ain't tryin!"
    :D
    Damned I miss Red Green here on PBS. Cancelled. Them dadburned city slickers over in that Gater college town just don't git it!
    I got my grandkids in Illinois hooked on that show years ago. Daughter nearly killed me!
    Still got nearly 200 episodes in my computer and on DVD's in case I need to check how to fix somethin around here. Not handsome, but almost as handy as checkin the H.A.M.B.;)

8. dad-bud

dad-bud

You sir, may be a redneck!
    Guffaw.
    Nice post, but your shed / garage / workshop is worrying clean - me thinks you probably spend way too much vacuum cleaner time.

9. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Good idea. Make sure you don't get too close and suck away your shielding gas. Also to make it one more step safer you could probably run it without the filter and there is nothing left to catch a spark and ignite.

10. 61pv544

61pv544
    from Denmark

Hey, I'm from Denmark, and Red Green is a hero of mine! :) I love the episode where he makes barbeque sauce... And the one where they try to build a tunnel under the lake using old gasoline tanks!

11. Chevy Gasser

Chevy Gasser

I've been called a redneck lots of times, I am a farmer.

The "new" shop is less that a year old and you are probably right about keeping it too clean, at least until the newness wears off. Building the shop was a project that kept me from working on my cars for 2 years.

One of my favorite Red Green episodes is when he made power windows for his car by using a kitchen mixer. Put one side of the mixer on the window regulator to lower it, the other side of the mixer to raise it up!

12. norms30a

norms30a

I could tell you are a farmer because nearly all insulated farm machine sheds are inner walled with steel. Good idea with the vac.

13. squirrel

squirrel

Trailer Park Boys on netflix

14. Beau

Beau

Trailer Park boys really gives Canada a chance!

15. 1950heavymetal

1950heavymetal

I wacth both the trailer park boys and the red green show. Both are very funny in my opinion!Favorite line from bubbles:patrick swazey used illegal parts to build his train!
    Ricky: I self smarted my self!

I also grew up watching kids in the hall as well. I guess I do enjoy canadian TV.

16. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

My first job was Sucking Farts out of Bus Seats ! ! ! I really could have used something like this. I still have a bad taste in my mouth some 30 years later .

VR&C.

17. Moonequipt13

Moonequipt13

How about the squat limo?

18. TJratz

TJratz

We even get "Corner Gas" here too!

19. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Never even heard of this Red Green guy. I gotta feelin' I've been missing something. That gull-wing door video was great!

I like Kids in the Hall too. And the old SCTV stuff is awesome!

Oh...and good tech too!