Register now to get rid of these ads!

Red 53-54 Bel Airs Let's See 'em

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olkarz, Apr 12, 2012.

1. olkarz

olkarz

I've been torn between painting my '54 all Red, because I've never liked that 2 tone Red w/White hardtop.:rolleyes::rolleyes: I'm strongly leaning toward Black Suede or semi-gloss black with Red interior now:D. i've already knocked the shine off of my stainless moldings and am about to send out my bumpers and interior pieces to get the brushed chrome plating...to complete the ultimate sueded look!!!

I'd like to see what you guys all Red 53-54 look like for inspiration.

2. 53Hattie

53Hattie

Personal opinion of course, but there are some 50s cars that just don't look right to me unless they're two-toned, Bel Air Chevys [from '53 -'56 for that matter] being the first to come to mind. The cheaper 210/150 models with the single spear side trim do OK with one color paint, but not the Bel Airs. I'd say if you're compelled to do it, lose the side trim & replace it with 210/150 trim or something a bit more creative maybe. Also I've always prefered dark above light rather than vice versa on the '53/'54. ...how about a white body w/ a red roof & trim?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  3. I am with 53Hattie on this one, two tone is definitely the go on a 53/54. Black, white top and a red interior,..sounds pretty sharp in my mind

4. olkarz

olkarz

Here's where my conflicts are:confused::confused::confused:
    Original Red w/White top, all red and suede black. Thee's something about that all Red and Satin Black that just makes me smile.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012

5. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

what 53 hattie said. and there are plenty of cars on here with that color combo to look at.

6. 63bigbird

63bigbird

Its the chops that make you smile. Not the paint scheme. :D

7. Yeah I love the all red one as well,...not because its all red but because of the chop. Looks brilliant,...

So there you have it olkarz, chop it and paint it all red or dont chop it and two tone it! :)