Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Recreating the jesse lopez coupe

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by jivin jer, Aug 18, 2012.

1. daddio211

daddio211

Glad the hand is okay! Every time I open this thread I get a sneak peek into your world... I love it!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Spent all morning reading this thread from page 1... So good...

3. Torchie

Torchie

Good that the hand was only a warning Jer. That's one of the reason that I don't take pain pills. When something starts to hurt. It's time to stop and take a rest.
    So what are you having done to the seat? I am going to use the stock bench seat in my custom truck but it too will need some Mods.
    Torchie.

4. jivin jer

jivin jer

I appreciate the nice comments guy's.

The lower part of the seat no longer has any coil springs, its all foam. This will give me 3-4"s. It should make all the difference in the world. I have noticed that there is no visibility as you're trying to look over your shoulder to back up. A spotter isn't a luxury with these cars, its a must have. 001 (6).JPG

5. jivin jer

jivin jer

Dropped the car off at Glenn's. The doctor/surgery issue is far from being settled. 001 (3).JPG

6. jivin jer

jivin jer

Well, I don't know how long the car is going to be over at Glenn's. I don't know when all this medical stuff is going to come together either. So, as I'm contemplating this "lull" I'm wondering if I should walk everybody through cleaning up the shop and/or the little odds and ends, or what.

I ask the wife about all this and her reply is "tell everybody about your early teen years and how you were exposed to all this Kustom stuff and how you got caught."

Hmmmmmm... that might be worthwhile???

koolkemp and superleggera like this.
  7. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Stories about the hobby (especially with pics!) are always fun!

8. loudbang

loudbang

I say bring it on your posts are all interesting. Even the medical ones as some of us have been there done that too.

9. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

I agree, keep us posted...

Posted using the Full Custom MUNDSTER app!

10. jivin jer

jivin jer

I’m trying to figure out the most efficient way to do this.

As the Junior Conway build story was coming to the place where it was going to be finished, I was asked by one of the watcher/poster guy’s when “the book” was going to be written. He said that he has always been fascinated by custom’s and the people that build them and, how they got where they are.

I’ve discovered that one of the non-car things that i’ve become good at is this story telling/writing stuff. Now, if I could just spell and punctuate. So, after Jr’s car was done I was motivated to spend some time thrashing away at the various experience’s that have contributed to me ending up being me, automotively speaking.

What I have just said is a completely revolutionary way for me to think given the devistateing things that have happened to me but, that would be a whole nuther story than this one.

I have this car story told in 9 chapters. The easiest way for me to do this (I think) is to see if I can show this particular part by taking pics of the pages.

I want to post this tomorrow a.m.. We’ll see if this works.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  11. A new twist to the post - I'm sure I'm gonna love this aspect too - as your story telling is excellent and the history will go nicely with your build stories!
    p.s. Please don't rely on spell check.. :D :rolleyes: :)

-Dave

12. jivin jer

jivin jer

I was in Wallace Idaho from 1952 to 1958. 002 (6).JPG 003 (6).JPG 004.JPG

13. jivin jer

jivin jer

14. loudbang

loudbang

Looks like that procedure is working fine. I can read the pages with no problems.

15. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Hmmm. There are no page numbers, and it looks like the story starts mid-sentence. Am I missing something?

16. jivin jer

jivin jer

Nope. Your doing good. We've thumbed through the unmarked pages of the manuscript to find our story interwoven amongst the other sub-stories.

17. Ah, just as I suspected; the background story is enjoyable and very entertaining. Thanks Jer!

-Dave

18. Great idea Jer......I like this,
    Thanks.

19. Torchie

Torchie

Interesting Jer.
    Keep posting.
    Torchie.

20. jivin jer

jivin jer

Well, this is crazy trying to make sense out of all this attention. As I said about the Jr build, and earlier on this one, there are many talented, capable people that can do what I have done here. For whatever the reason, I have ended up on the high profile end of this stuff. Something that I have gone waaaay out of my way to avoid all my life. Why? The thought just came to me that some day we may find out.

Ok, it is what it is. So now it’s this “life story” deal too. When your living your life, you’re not thinking about how unusual it is (or isn’t), it’s just what’s happening to you at the time and how you cope with it.

If we are going to do the 9 chapters I need to get the picture’s together, and keep this organized and most of all relevant. I will post the first part (that I jumped over) to get us caught up.

21. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

That was great reading a small part into your life story growing up.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. jivin jer

jivin jer

23. jivin jer

jivin jer

24. jivin jer

jivin jer

004 (3).JPG 009.JPG ***

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
    grifcarnut likes this.
  25. jivin jer

jivin jer

004 (2).JPG 010 (2).JPG
    Hang with me, I'll get the hang of this.

Attached Files:

26. daddio211

daddio211

Wow! Great history and great read!

27. jivin jer

jivin jer

This one will get everything caught up so the rest will be in order. NO PICS! 002 (2).JPG 003.JPG 004 (3).JPG

28. jivin jer

jivin jer

29. Asphalt Demon

Asphalt Demon
    from Australia

I come back here because people like you post their knowledge and history!in small cities,towns there are /were guys that got the bug and stuck with it!I was loving this build but it steps up another level when you learn some guys/history like yours. Johnny

30. I'm enjoying this write up Jer, you're doing good.
    That cover of motor life is one of my favorite magazine covers ever!