Register now to get rid of these ads!

recommendations for new radiator

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fredb, Mar 19, 2011.

1. OK guys...currently running SBC-blown with a limited cooling area (small grill opening in the "38 Buick)...stock radiator...bottom line, running HOT!

It looks like the biggest part of a $1000 bill to rectify the situation. Lots of happy talk about Walker Radiator's on this board...any thoughts about Griffin or Afco aluminum?

I'm limited in depth due to blower drive so need to keep narrow as possible. Like the Walker option as is traditional radiator, but will consider aluminum if necessary.

thanks for the help

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

custom cross flow and shroud for whatever type of fan you will run-search online: wizardcooling.com & griffinrad.com

3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Thought about the others but settled on a Walker. Quality finish, direct bolt up and old style in black. I opted for shroud and A/C options as don't have pulley issues like you.

4. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

I put a new Walker radiator in my 37 Ford in 1990 and after 17 years and 80K miles, never a problem. When I went through the car (new engine, trans, refresh paint, etc.) I sold the old Walker and bought a new one, just to have a "fresh" one. Another 40K miles and no problems. Stu

Attached Files:

5. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

Shouldn't cost $1000. I had Saldana Racing here in Indy build me a custom aluminum radiator for my '40 Plymouth for $475

6. Thanx guys
    Pretty sure I'll go with the Walker 'Z' series. By the time I get shroud and pusher fan, trans cooler and all I'll be looking for cheaper beer for a while