Register now to get rid of these ads!

Recommendations for 3d modeling software

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by goldhunter_2, Jan 19, 2010.

1. goldhunter_2

goldhunter_2

Does anyone have a Recommendations for 3d truck modeling software?

I want to start laying my truck body out so I can have something to show others beside the picture in my head , plus I think it would help me keep focused without making allot of changes as I build

2. redcow

redcow
    from Missouri

solidworks is easy to use..

3. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

A very interesting question, how much do you want to spend? The options run from several hundred to thousands.

4. kmintexas

kmintexas
    from East Texas

I do 3D cad for a living. I have run Autodesk inventor 2010, solidworks 2009, pro-e wildfire 3.0 & 4.0 and Rhinoceros. I like Autodesk inventor and pro-e the best. You can get a free download to try at solidworks. go to thier website and look for solidworks stimulus pkg. it comes with a free 6mo license. Rhinoceros also have a free download thats good for 25 saves. But truthfully,,,, Autodesk inventor will do you the best. It's just as easy as solidworks and to me they offer more than solidworks. Pro-e will have a tendency to crash from time to time, it's just it nature. So be sure and save. Really,,, if you get the hang of one there almost all basically function the same. solidedge is another cool one.

5. 56oldsDarrin

56oldsDarrin

I've used other Autodesk stuff. It worked good, and they have lots of tutorials.