Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Recommendation on a 4 link kit

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by spillaneswillys, Jun 28, 2021.

1. I have purchased a 39 Plymouth coupe and want to install a 4 link on the rear. Any recommendations on who sales a good universal kit?

HotRod33 likes this.
  2. sdluck

sdluck

3. 52lomofo

52lomofo

Welder series

fauj and gimpyshotrods like this.
  4. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

5. miker98038

miker98038
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I’ve used a couple of Morrison 4 bars, parallel with a pan hard bar, and a triangulated 4 bar. Both have anti roll bars. Properly installed they both work well. It can get a little complicated running the exhaust, etc. with either one, depends on the car and pipe/muffler sizes.

I’m sure there are others just as good, but I can be in Morrison’s shop in less than an hour and so there’s a lot of experience with them up here. Whatever you decide, it should come with a pretty good set of dimension instructions as to angles, etc. Done right they work great, but it’s a more precise install than just welding it in by eye.

Special Ed likes this.
  6. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

7. Morrison. The street rodder style cant handle much power. The higher quality units have larger diameter chromeolly bars. They also come with higher quality rod ends. Good rod ends are critical. The bars should have flats in them for easy adjustments. If the brackets are good quality and they are put in correctly the bars can be moved from hole to hole without adjustment. A anti roll bar is a great addition. A wishbone track locator positioned as low as possible reduces roll.

Special Ed likes this.
  8. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I have used chassis engineering for 2 of my 4 link setups, and really happy with them.

Tony

9. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

on the cheaper end i just put a speedway 4 bar kit into my '30 sportster... 4 bar 2.jpg

10. hemihotrod66

hemihotrod66

Chris Alston's Chassisworks...And there is a difference in 4 link and 4 bar which most people use....