Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods ???Reciepts for Pa enhanced inspection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by statesblue, Dec 11, 2017.

1. statesblue

statesblue
    from Luzerne Pa

As I said in an earlier post I am taking my roadster for inspection. This will be the first street rod going through this shop but the inspector is a total motor head, bikes, hot rods, boats whatever. He gets it. He's built a few cars and bikes so he knows the pain that goes into a build. Not at all worried about his attitude toward Hot Rods.
    What I'm curious about is the receipts. If I have to copy all my receipts somebody is going to have to cut down a couple more trees for the amount of paper it will take to copy them. Do they really want all of them or is there a certain amount or particular ones they want to see??? I'm sure they are looking for sales tax and proof its not stolen but Ill be sending a pretty good sized box full if they want them "all".

2. 27 Tall T

27 Tall T
    from Butler Pa.

Do you have a Pa. title for the car now? If you do it's a lot easier. I did my coupe years ago with no receipts.
    I am building a 29 pickup now ,and will have to start from scratch with it.

3. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Beware your receipts will be used to figure out your registration costs. In other words, normally when you buy a car, the price is taxed at 6%. When you build a car, the price is the sum total of the parts (and labor costs) that you put into building it.

4. Not sure if this would apply to a Pa. process , but in NC part of the registration fee is a Highway Use Tax. When I registered my roadster , NCDMV had me get two appraisals of the finished car . The highest appraisal amount is then used to establish the H.U.Tax ( appraisal x 1.5 x 3% = HUT ) . I was told the build receipts were to be used to establish a replacement value with the insurance provider and not needed by the DMV. I had heard too many horror stories about NCDMV "losing" receipts/paperwork/titles/etc. so this worked well for me.
    Be very cautious of releasing any important receipts !!
    Stan