Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Reccomendations for a fresh air paint respirator

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Binkman, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Binkman

Binkman

I am going to be painting my project with a catalyzed product and want to use a fresh air respirator.
    I can remember spraying Imron and Centari with the hardner in the 1970's and 1980's with just a face mask and cartridges.
    Now they say those cartridges do not filter out the isocyanates.
    Does anyone have any reccomendtaions for a fresh air system ?

Thank you.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. To the top, I'm also interested

3. SwampLedge

SwampLedge

I went with one of these systems:
    http://www.turbineproducts.com/brands/Breathe%2dCool.html
    I bought it about 5 years ago with the sandblast hood and 75 feet of hose. I’ve used it mostly for sandblasting but have sprayed iso and others with it and never smelled the solvents until I removed the hood. I also use it when cleaning the chicken coop to avoid triggering asthma due to the dust.

4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Dino 64 likes this.

5. Tetanus

Tetanus

I have used a allegro also but with a 3m hood and I can't say how nice it was painting with it compared just a can mask. Been there done that. Only thing is you have two hoses to be aware of when moving around.i will never go back to just a mask.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

I also have the breathe cool system, love it!
    I have the hood and nose/ mouth mask.
    Both work great!

7. Sporty45

Sporty45

I use an SAS unit that I bought about 25 years ago. Full face is what you want, as the isocyanates can enter the body through your eyes. Mine is almost identical to the Allegro unit pictured above. They aren't cheap, but the protection they provide is priceless!

ME.JPG

8. I have a Hobbyair 2 system. The hood has the hose on the rear so you don't drag it through your paint as often. :)

9. Król

Król

I have a Hobby Air II. I don't how these reality tv car show painters paint with just a face mask, bare head and wearing a tee shirt? Is the paint booth ventilation that good?

10. oldolds

oldolds

I have been told that an electric leaf blower hooked up to an old military surplus gas mask will work quite well. Hang the leaf blower outside and some hose and it should work.