Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Rebuilt 700R4 won't shift to 4th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Scams61, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Scams61

Scams61

I just rebuilt my 700R4 and now it won't shift into 4th. I have had it up over 80 mph and still no shift attempts at all into 4th. I have tried two different governors and also recalibrate one and still no 4th. All other shifts are good and at the correct speed and RPM.
    I have adjusted the TV cable per spec and verified with a psi gauge that I have pressure rise as soon as I hit the gas.

I was planning to pull the valve body and check the accumulator and valve movement again. The TCC circuit power is unplugged for now, I am really trying to verify the transmission shifts then I will work on TC lockup. But before I do just looking to see if anyone else has had this issue and found a resolution. I find a lot of posts and the never tell what they found at the end.

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

3. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Hey George can you turn to the page on throttle valve troubleshooting? :)

Can't help but here's a btt.

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Its not laid out that way, but I could just post the entire symptom related troubleshooting section.

5. Scams61

Scams61

Hey guys thanks for the help! So I decided to go ahead and pull the 2-4 servo and inspect it before moving to the valve body. I found a cut in the 4th servo piston. Guess that's what I get for finishing my build at 2am. Good news is I just took it for a spin and all four gears now!

Thanks again!

Chucky likes this.
  6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC