Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects rebuilding after the crash

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Maybe you won't say it, but I will, That Sucks, glad you will be getting the replacement expedited though!
    Edit: Good thing is that it didn't break at a most inopportune time, while under power and high rate of speed which would have been much worse!

els, OahuEli and loudbang like this.
  2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

What's the turn around on installing the bar? Just slide it in and lock it down?

els and loudbang like this.
  3. Sitting on the side of the road broke down some where during the hamb drags or drag week would have been bad. Yes it sucks but at least it was found before i was making a pass. The bars take about 15 minutes to install and set up. Its no big deal. I should have it all back together and loaded up before my copilot gets out of work.

els, loudbang and Tim like this.
  4. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Is your copilot Sally Field?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

5. loudbang

loudbang

Well one thing for sure owning this monster sure is keeping your mechanical skills current. :rolleyes:

els likes this.
  6. bobwop

bobwop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

hah, you HAD to try the little trailer within the big trailer? You and I both know that you had it all figured out ahead of time.

But it sure is fun to put it in place and admire the results of lots of planning.

Planning puts you in Control!

els, loudbang and racer-x like this.
  7. I had to try it out. its a very tight fit. I also needed to install some mounting rings on the floor. this should be a lot easier than putting all of my stuff trailer included into the back of my truck. success favors the prepared. one of my favorite quotes from vince Lombardi.

els, loudbang, enloe and 1 other person like this.
  8. 20170818_132403.jpg We made it to tims just fine. Unloaded the car and trailer. We stopped at super bell to personally deliver the axle. Now off to mokan. One of the things we are experimenting with is driving with the trunk off. Its good for 20 degrees. Running a cool 180-190.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    els, bobwop, OahuEli and 10 others like this.
  9. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

GOOD LUCK
    GIVE EM HELL!!!!!!!!!

10. We made it the 150 miles without any issues. The power of the hamb came through again. Tim mckinney set us up with trailer parking at his house. Chris nelson offered up his room at the host hotel. We are looking forward to a good time saturday. Lots of cool cars here. 20170818_171243.jpg

els, bobwop, Stogy and 16 others like this.
  11. Good luck and stay safe !

12. We won the yahoo cup. Thats a great way to rebound after the meltdown disaster. It gives us a good feeling with drag week coming up. We learned alot on this trip.

els, squirrel, bobwop and 11 others like this.
  13. What did you turn for ET and speed ?

14. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Could you tell me or point me to the correct page of your build on your cooling system set up? I know I've had to see it,I've been along on the rebuild, plus the 3rd one, couldn't resist, just don't remember. Hope your luck starts to change, you are wayyyyyy over due.

15. The heat index was 109. It was so hot my crew member grabbed the wheeli bars to make a adjustment and blistered his hands. He actually burned both of them. The track was very slick. On and off three times it went 8.93 i was sliding all over the track. I think there were only a few passes in the eights between all of the cars there. Cars i know that are proven 9-8 second cars were in the tens. The pass reminded me what it was like in the 65 awb car pedalling to the finish line
    Pedalling a nitro car is a very delicate thing. If done wrong really really bad things happen. The track was not like the meltdown surface. Still alot of fun.

els, bobwop, Roadsir and 10 others like this.
  16. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo

17. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Plus the fact your wearing the suit, helmet, and gloves. I raced at Indy one year and when I left the pits it was 104. You got to really love it and be a little crazy to do it when it's like that.

els, OahuEli, loudbang and 1 other person like this.
  18. Congrats...

19. Its a unbelievable feeling to pull this off. This car was built on unproven ideas. We thought alot of this would work but didnt know for sure. We casted the line out real far not knowing what would happen. Regardless of what happens in the future we know that all the crazy ideas that went into this car did work. There is plenty of satisfaction right there.

els, bobwop, jackalope and 8 others like this.
  20. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Good job Brian! You deserve a little reward for all your efforts.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

els, racer-x and loudbang like this.
  21. loudbang

loudbang

Great work well deserved. How hot did it run on the drive in with the trunk off. Going to do that on drag week?

els and racer-x like this.
  22. I'm planning on hitting Byron and Union Grove for drag week. Good Luck !

els, bobwop, racer-x and 1 other person like this.
  23. Nostrebor

Nostrebor
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hot was the word for the day yesterday, and we could tell from the end of the strip that you could not hook it down. Nobody was having much luck with that.

My son was blown away by your car, as was I. Great job bringing the dream to fruit!

els, racer-x and loudbang like this.
  24. The truck lid will be off for the street driving part of drag week. To make the process of removing it easier i will put studs in the lid. I will also put the oil cooler back on. Was running 180 at 55mph. Pushing it harder made the temp go up. The cooler in the past was good for 10-20 degrees. Pics and videos coming soon. We are almost back at tims place. Car is running great.

els, bobwop, enloe and 3 others like this.
  25. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Thought I'd pop online real quick. They left my place around noon for home. Driving 150+ miles to joplin and then to the track for the drags, and then driving back another 150 miles to the trailer in that car is something I don't think a lot of guy would have the stomach for.

Racer-x and company were nothing but pleasant while they saw what this car is going to be like in the real world on a real busy road. It's a production with a lot of moving parts and restraints but He is doing what he has set out to do. Now for all the fine tuning.

I'm sure in a years time the car will be not only a better street car, but a better strip car as well.

kiwijeff, els, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  26. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

27. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Not the best pic but got the thumbs up, glad ya made it home.[​IMG]

kiwijeff, els, racer-x and 5 others like this.
  28. Brian, I was very pleased to see the car at the hotel Friday night, didn't see anyone around the car while we were there, but I have to admit I was being a bit of a fanboy as I have been following the saga since you started the thread. The wife wasn't as excited as me to see the car. Had to work Sat so didn't make it to the track, but it made my day to see the car there.
    Thanks for coming down to MoKan, good luck on drag week..

Jason

29. Poor drive by pics but cool none the less. I watched you suite up and could only think how hot that must have been.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kiwijeff, els, loudbang and 6 others like this.
  30. Cara Marie

Cara Marie

We had the pleasure of hanging out with Brian, Mark, and the car this weekend. He let the whole family lend a hand. Always a great time, even if it's Africa hot out.

Screenshot_20170819-180529.png 20170819_140618.jpg 20170819_135144.jpg 20170819_125810.jpg 20170819_205940(0).jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kiwijeff, els, egads and 9 others like this.