Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects rebuilding after the crash

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Sep 19, 2015.

1. enloe our paths will cross sometime this year. lippy thanks very cool mask. my old mask went down over 50 tracks. i quit counting after 50. pkap we knew we were exceeding the limits of the stock frame. plans were already being made for a upgraded cage at the end of the season. our plans were nothing to this extent. we were also planning on putting the new wheel combination on the car and replacing the white walls. i have been talking about a dual fuel system with a few close friends for the last two years. we were going over the finer details just before the wreck. it was going to happen over last winter anyway. a few weeks after the crash when i had a chance to process what all happened i considered bringing the 65 back out. the thing that changed my mind was there was nothing else to accomplish with the 65 dodge. it was a blown nitro powered car with a stock frame that was going 7.49/189.9mph. once the mold was cast this build just took off on its own path. i blended my nitro and street racing experience into a street driven fuel coupe. there was still drag week to win so thats how i got to this point. what a long strange trip it has been.

kiwijeff, els, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  2. Champscotty58

Champscotty58

I've been watching this thread from the beginning, on the edge of my seat! I was wondering if the updates would stop at some point before Meltdown. I will be hunting you down as soon as we show up to Meltdown on Friday, can't wait to see it!!

els and racer-x like this.
  3. cool stop by and introduce yourself. if you are not driving a car down the track grab a beer from the cooler.

els, Champscotty58 and loudbang like this.
  4. Wow, looks great. Love the green. Let us know if you plan on heading to the East coast in the future.

els likes this.
  5. squirrel

squirrel

I think he's planning on heading to Ohio in September....

els and wraymen like this.
  6. Columbus ohio this year. I would like to attend lead east someday or the dead mans curve show in nj.

els and loudbang like this.
  7. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Are you coming to BG in October? I think we are going to be camping there again for the Goodguys show

els likes this.
  8. if things go well on drag week I might go. I don't have anything going on right now for October.

9. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Normally the reunion is the "Guy Trip" for the year but we are going to make the trip in October a "Family trip"

els likes this.
  10. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Planning on the Meltdown drags for the first time. racer-x I have followed your rebuild from the start, and I will be looking for ya at the drags. I am a huge Mopar fan and cant wait to see your car. Any idea where you will be?
    Tony

11. I will be along the fence separating the pits from the staging lanes. I will be parked next to the out of site nitro camero. looks like im going to have to bring more beer. I look forward to meeting you.

12. enloe it would be fun to bring the car to the fall gg show. the weather is much cooler. gg has brought back the street car shootout. its for street driven cars run round robin until there are no cars left.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    els likes this.
  13. 20140309_121711.jpg I'm enjoying the weekend off. i pulled the cover off the 1934 harley vld. i haven't riden it in two years due to being so busy with the car. i was surprised to find the battery still had a charge. a fill up of fresh gas and a few kicks then off i went. there is nothing like a relaxing ride to clear your head on a old bike. I'm glad i got that ride in because its going to get crazy busy starting monday.

kiwijeff, els, volvobrynk and 6 others like this.
  14. wicarnut

wicarnut

Been following along, are you going to make the CarCraft nationals next weekend ? Close enough to bring up to display only ?

els likes this.
  15. There are too many shows next weekend. Even though the cc nats show is much close to me i have chosen the melt down. Its more in line with my kind of car. Plus there is racing and a swap meet.

els, loudbang and wicarnut like this.
  16. :) .... all the drooling this thread has taken from me ... and my first and only contribution is verifying your Everclear post. Yes sir.

When beer drinking with mutual young punks, in a cold Nebraska winter, Everclear got the winter beater O/T Mercury Bobcat to the gas pump. Yes it did. Sooo' carry on with your non-related baddassary please. Fantastic work, and share !

17. I can only make it down there Friday, I'll bring along some friends that know you and I'll say hello myself.

els likes this.
  18. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Is this going to be a running car for the Meltdown's

els likes this.
  19. sounds good. beer will be in the cooler help yourself. the plan is to fire the car on nitro. we are working at a crazy pace to make it happen. its not 100 percent done so it wont see track time. I do plan on bringing it to the hamb drags. you can see it run there.

els, Tim, milwscruffy and 1 other person like this.
  20. I stopped by the shop today. Jim was working on the front end. The steering box was mounted. The panard bar is in. Custom made brackets are mounted to the spindles. They set the acme up today. To do that the steering arms needed to be cut so the angle could be changed. The trick and i mean trick brackets to hold the radiator were made over the weekend. The rearend needs to come out to get them welded in. It comes out real easy. As i was looking at the stainless drag link i was thinking this has to be polished. I called in a 911 to mike the polisher. He said bring it over. 30 min later it looks like chrome. After work i plan on pulling a all nighter to get some more done. 20160711_161324.jpg 20160711_161344.jpg 20160711_161355.jpg 20160711_161335.jpg 20160711_193511.jpg

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  21. loudbang

loudbang

That polisher you use works MAGIC what a craftsman at work.

22. No dought he is good. Every thing he touches comes back looking like jewlry.

els, volvobrynk, rawcjw19 and 2 others like this.
  23. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

24. We will make the meltdown

els, loudbang and David Gersic like this.
  25. I have been up for 36 hrs now but im loaded. Yesterday there was no front end on the car. Also missing were the trunk radiator doors fuel tank radiator battery parachute and a few other important pieces im too tired to remember. 20160715_071726.jpg

juan motime, els, Thor1 and 12 others like this.
  26. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

So are you going get to make a pass in it?

els likes this.
  27. dearjose

dearjose

That turned out perfect. Fucking killer. Ill b by saturday for a closer look. Be good to meet you.

28. No passes this weekend. I will be very busy setting it up to start on nitro. Hopefully it goes well. I will try to get video.

29. sololobo

sololobo

so hard to see the damage, but the image with Cassandra healed the hurt feelings, best wishes on the rebuild

30. Hope the first fire up goes as planned! You must be really excited now. I also hope for video, for those of us that can not be there. Good luck Brian.:D

els, racer-x and loudbang like this.