Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects rebuilding after the crash

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Sep 19, 2015.

1. 1940Willys

1940Willys

Hi Racer-X, Say Hi to The Brothers, Frank, Mike and Todd Zieminick for me. They'er from up my way. Frank runs a Blown Austin and Mike a Blown Anglia. Todd runs a Blown Henery J but I believe the J's still in sick bay. I think Dewey Dilcher will also be making the trip with Todd. Dewey's a real ball buster so be prepared for some laughs. Whats the weather doing there?

racer-x, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  2. Busy finishing up the interior in a 66 Bel Air wagon including 9 foot headliner, so won't be there today. May make it down there tomorrow. Did pick these up last week for my 31 Vicky project though. 102_1341.JPG

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    j-jock, enloe, Desoto291Hemi and 7 others like this.
  3. Missle rockers and hot heads are a perfect match. Getting serious there.

kidcampbell71, enloe and loudbang like this.
  4. Well it's nice to watch and learn and then pull the trigger. Blower and injection are next on the list

loudbang likes this.
  5. Street or strip? Efi or mechanical?

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  6. Mostly street, some occasional strip use. EFI Hilborn, leaning towards 2 port.

loudbang likes this.
  7. Good to know thanks.

loudbang likes this.
  8. I'm on Facebook now as of sunday. I'm not really sure what I'm doing. There are some videos posted from the weekend. I'm not sure how to get them on here.
    The weekend went great. The testing is complete. We found the tighter bearing clearances work to control the oil pressure. The shocks are working now. The car still hops a little we can fix that with more air pressure and more timing. The new regulator works great. The car attracted a big crowd each time we fired it up. IMG_1186.jpg IMG_2510.jpg

9. squirrel

squirrel

10. I'm already going crazy trying to figure it all out. My patient wife is trying to help me through the learning curve. There is a reason I waited so long to sign up.

11. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Load the videos on youtube and post the link on here!

chryslerfan55, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  12. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Welcome to the dark side. As with anything, it is what you make of it.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  13. I'm trying to keep a low profile there. I just don't have the time. I would rather crew the car than crew the computer.

14. Pic from the out of site drags. Car ran good. On pass two I shook the tires hard. Little did I know the timing got knocked back 15 degrees retarded. Thirty degrees total doesn't get it on a nitro car. It still went 8.0 letting off at 900 feet. IMG_51311.jpg

15. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

That photographer took some good pics sure wish I could see more of his work he took a good one of my afx but I don’t know who he is or how to contact him your car ran real good Brian and you also sure know how to “put on the show” lol

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. squirrel

squirrel

17. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

kidcampbell71, enloe and loudbang like this.
  18. loudbang

loudbang

He takes some great shots. A bunch of hambers were there racing but nobody comes on the HAMB anymore and lets us know how they did or just a report. :(

19. I started a thread on the event with lots of pics.

chryslerfan55, j-jock, enloe and 2 others like this.
  20. FB_IMG_1594225543277.jpg
    Looks like the new shocks are starting to get dialed in.

21. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Be careful there Brian, if the shocks get any more dialed in you may find you need (God forbid) those nasty W.B"s LOL. Lippy

22. The next outing will be the glory days event at byron dragway. I will be focused on upgrading my license.

enloe, Woogeroo, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  23. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

w
    We got on Facebook recently. It was the only way we could get the photos from Ethan's football games.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  24. Glory days was hot. The car ran ok. The mag started vibrating itself loose. The timing got screwed up. It advanced so much it burned off the porcelain from the plugs. That material can get stuck to the valve and seat causing that cylinder to have higher leak down numbers. I will pull the drivers side head and fix it. To stop the mag from turning I bought a set of handcuffs. They lock the two mags together making it impossible for them to move. That along with the billet base clamp should stop the turning. 20200722_193609.jpg

25. Next stop this weekend will be the big car show in Lannon Wi. It's a 600 plus car show. All money raised goes to area charities. I will be firing the car on nitro at 11am and 1pm.

26. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

“Firing” as in 80% plus crackle?
    Or on stands warming the rear diff up?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  27. On the ground. It's the same either way because we are not racing it.

28. I spent the day at the car show in Lannon Wi today. All proceeds go to local charities including the humane society. My spot became the gathering place for several nitro junkies. The guys that were gathered have been involved with nitro cars for decades. The stories and accounts coming from the guys that lived it were priceless.
    Al McFadden nitro driver of several funny cars and dragsters. The last guy to qualify a ford in top fuel.
    Jerry Newman. Driver and crew member on several teams. Currently with doc Holidays.
    Berrnie Adam's driver of the Tyrant afx chevelle and Super Hugger Camaro funny car.
    Pete Farnsworth driver of the record setting Blue Flame rocket car.
    It was a honor to hang out with these legends today. They are all very humble yet proud of what they accomplished. They are a no b.s. group. They let their record speak for them. Truly the real deal. 20200726_103211.jpg 20200726_110211.jpg 20200726_111522.jpg 20200726_110159.jpg

29. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Jerry never changes still looks the same. He has tuned a lot of cars in his days. Lippy

kidcampbell71, loudbang and racer-x like this.