Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects rebuilding after the crash

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Cool. That's why they wanted it back so bad. To use as a testimonial. Pete and jakes are good people.

2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Way above my head...but it really highlights to me that things are truly at the Rocket and Science stage of the evolution...the probes reach through every crevice of fuel delivery and exit to offer settings for efficiency for you to adjust to but catch 22 is you have to know what your reading. Being competitive today is really an incredible challenge as your competition operates from similar sciences of operations. This is not only about the racers edge it is no doubt wrapped up in safety in operation as a perfect tune is a safer tune...pretty wild stuff...and the Hotrod of yours is literally a 4 wheeled Rocketship. Thank You & always look forward to your continued Race for successes...@racer-x

chryslerfan55, loudbang and racer-x like this.
  3. I should have explained the fuel and timing tables better. the scale on the bottom is rpm. the scale on the left is manifold pressure. a separate table is used for the throttle position sensor. that's part of the way the computer can tell whats going on. its all about managing the air; fuel and spark. as sophisticated as these computers are the seat of the pants gauge over rides everything. in the medical world I work in we have a saying. we treat the patient not the monitor. some times a abnormal condition might be the patients normal condition with no intervention needed. just like patients every engine is a little different. being able to make the right call on the tune up based on the data is what makes a great tuner.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  4. steve and tony I saved the tune for the 392 in the ecu. when you get to the point of needing it I can send you the file. some minor tuning might be required for your particular combination but you should be very close. it will save you a lot of time and money.

chryslerfan55, enloe and loudbang like this.
  5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your at the top of your game and you definitely have earned and worked hard for it and no doubt the competition is right there with you. But its any mans game...its a winnable sport And you can challenge the readings and come out on top.

chryslerfan55, enloe and loudbang like this.
  6. loudbang

loudbang

This you in the old car? Ready for a rosin burnout.

Brian ......jpg

7. yes it is. shot at George rays hot rod wildcat dragstrip in Paragould Arkansas. the log is part of the guard rail. it also doubles as the best seat in the house to watch the action. once I started the car and did the first of several burnouts the crowd was no longer on the fence. I have a pic of them running for their lives in a cloud of gold dust and nitro fumes. this track is my favorite of all time. Take a look at the christmas tree attached to the bottom of a bar stool. The time slips are all hand written. The cars crew bring their own water for a burn out. You just need to see the place in person. we want to take the coupe there for a sunday afternoon of fun. its on the short list of things I want to do.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    Motor_Psycho, Woogeroo, Tim and 11 others like this.
  8. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

That is sooooo coooooll

Stogy, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. im surprised no one has tried to hold a nostalgia event at George rays. the setting would be perfect. the sterile conditions of todays tracks ruin the nostalgia feel. the close confines on the starting line along with the general lack of amenities really bring back the good old days in all of their dangerous glory. this track should be on every ones must attend list. its a place you have to see in person. just the idea of a place like this still in existence located in georges back yard is hard to imagine. its a place time has forgotten.

10. Being from Southeast Mo. I've been to GeorgeRay's, like you said it's an experience everyone should experience at least once.
    Lucky's in Erie, Pennsylvania is a close second, they used to drop your time slips from the tower down a gutter to ya. Not much tech there either, run watcha brung style, track prep is jokingly referred to as spraying roundup on the weeds growing out of the track.
    http://www.luckydragcity.com/

11. Maybe next year we can get a group to head down there. The place would go crazy with a bunch of nostalgia cars tearing up the track. Who knows it could become the next big thing for nostalgia racers.

12. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Brian let's get it together I am ready to go back we can fill the place with nitro and blown hemi's

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. That sounds like a cool road trip.

14. Depending on how things go on drag week I might go this fall. They run into November if I remember correctly.

15. loudbang

loudbang

16. Look at all the stuff flying and people running. It brings back some great memories. I have been a little busy working on the car. I had a trans leak so it had to come out to fix. I changed the battery from a 650 amp to a 1100 amp. I think it will help in starting the car with 40 plus degrees of timing. The rod bearings were rotated out. The bores were rehoned and new rings installed. The oil pump went back to missle. It was upgraded to a 10 gallon per minute pump. With the engine hot at idle The pressure was down to 15lbs. As the engine grew the clearances changed placing more demand on the oil pump. A fan was added to the oil cooler to help in stop and go traffic. The improvements were done to help during drag week. The car goes to the grove Sunday. It will be on nitro for final tuning. 20130623_154139.jpg 20180820_111318.jpg

Rick28, chryslerfan55, Stogy and 5 others like this.
  17. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I had been meaning to ask if the heads were off since bowling green for a look see. Was this first time? Was everything peachy?

Stogy likes this.
  18. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Wow what a time warp lol I was standing just to the right of the tree on the right not quite in the pic though taking in all the action as you burned through the rosin just to let everyone know it's all Brian's fault I got hooked on afx cars I've had three since then and have another in the works and now hooked on nitro lol. Thanks Brian lol

19. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

So what's the date for George Ray's ?

Tickety Boo, loudbang and enloe like this.
  20. we need to figure that out. drag week is the most pressing thing for me right now. I cant even think about anything else. im not into being a race promoter. I just think it would be cool to get a group to go there and have some fun. preferable when the weather gets cooler.

21. everything looked good exept for the rings. while tuning the car it got real rich and washed them out. the cylinders were glazed and needed a hone. I had a extra set of rings in the trailer so it didn't cost anything. we just need to not break anything this weekend time is running out for drag week.

22. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

That's a lot of work that I don't think most people understand, about keeping your car running. Its almost a second job, especially when taking pics and posting them on here. I will definitely get ahold of you for the program. Keep up the good work and good luck this weekend.
    Tony

chryslerfan55, loudbang and racer-x like this.
  23. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Will you guys be posting some video from this week? I am going thru withdrawal and need to hear some AWESOMENESS:)

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  24. im not sure. im only going there with mark. he will be on the line helping me stage so he might not get his phone up in time to record the passes. if we get any footage I will post it. are you still planning on meeting up with the hamb racers during the stop at Bristol?

chryslerfan55, loudbang and enloe like this.
  25. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I don't know. is the last stop Atlanta?
    I am planning on being at one of them.

loudbang likes this.
  26. It goes from Atlanta to Darlington to charollette to Bristol back to atlanta.

27. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I will probably go to Atl.
    I will stay for a while then come back that afternoon so I can go to Ethan's football game.

28. Enloe can you pm me your cell number? It never hurts to have another resource from the area. It can prove to be very valuable in a emergency.

29. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

30. Nitro Pontiac

Nitro Pontiac
    from Wisconsin

How was testing on Sunday?