Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rebel Wire

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Karpo, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

Great dudes. That's why they advertise in Blacktop Graffiti!

2. Nolan

Nolan

I'll add to this as well. I just spoke to Glenn last night in regards to 1 issue that I wanted to triple-check before buttoning everything and he was very helpful. Makes me glad I made the purchase through Rebel. Good guys that stand behind their product. Thanks Glenn

-Jake

3. Do they use 60's GM color codes?

4. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

No, we don't use GM color codes, but we do mark the wires every 6" then bundle them for easy installation.
    Glenn

5. JAWS

JAWS

I gotta say Glenn, I am impressed. I am looking forward to doing business with you. I like that you are customer service oriented and quality is as important to you as it is me and your product promises to be high quality, can't wait to see it. Thanks for spending your time with me on the phone and answering my many questions.

Brant

6. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Brant,
    You asked all the right questions, and are very quality oriented. I think you will like our kits. Yours is shipping tomorrow. Please let me know what you think.
    Glenn

7. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

OHH LORD! he is a KROPDUSTER!!! look out gang!!! ;) glenn buddy! you and Bob do make the best harness on the market! and there PR is off the hook! best you will get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    even Brant likes it!!!! thats sayin something!!! ;)

8. Do your harnesses have plugs for GM headlight or turn signal switches? Plugs for headlight bulbs? Do you have a catologue I can get sent to my shop? How about smaller 4-5 circuit kits? Some of these basic Rods just use gauges, tailamps, brake lamps, and maybe 1 or 2 other circuits, and that's it. Thanks. Your stuff looks really good at a good price from what I've seen

9. butch27

butch27

I talked to a few guys who need LONGER wires in the kit for roadsters.

10. R U talkin longer than Rebel Wire offers? Cause that's GOOD to know. It sure don't look good to the customer when he sees splices in a fresh wiring job that cost hundreds to do. If their harness is too short for a little roadster, what happenes on a full size car? 60 Pontiac, 57 Ford, etc. So please be clear on who's harness is too short for a roadster. Thanks

11. That good hey? Maybe I should follow this up too?

12. REBEL43

REBEL43
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from TENNESSEE

Rebel kits are right rear turn 24', left rear 18', left front 15', right front 19'

13. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Man, I can't imagine needing more wire than what we build into our kits, especially on a roadster. We've sold kits to guys doing Mercs and Caddys and they have plenty of wire.

14. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Thanks man...now we gotta get one in that coupe of yours....

15. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Groucho,
    We carry a full line of GM plugs, but don't include them in the kits. Just not many traditional rods running GM columns so we make them available to the guys that need them.
    Our 8 circuit is the smallest we make, but works great for minimal rods.
    If you pm me your address, I'll get you a dealer price list in the mail right away.

16. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Wow, even Bob chimed in on this thread....

17. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

you mean he's real>>>>?????? i thought you made him up!!!;)
    Hi BOB!!!!!!:)

18. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Yep, he's real...Say hello Bob....

19. REBEL43

REBEL43
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from TENNESSEE

20. I am going to try the 9+3 when I get that far.......scary thought that I will buy something based on Breeders input;)!!!!!!!!!!

I will call first to make sure I am ordering the proper kit for me. I wired my last one from scratch and had a boatload of coin in it! And that was by ordering components at my old shops cost!

21. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Yea, I know what you mean, but this time he's right....

22. I've just bought one of your kits here in the UK. Looks good - particularly marking the wires every few inches. I really like the way it's laid out - it will lend itself to neat installation in several applications. I'm installing one in my 1955 Ford 100e and will have another to install in a friend's Caterham 7 Supersport.

I'm going to adapt the loom to UK standards - that means separate turn and brake lights and a hazard warning function that flashes all turn signals together. I am also using Citroen 2CV turn and headlamp switches because the are so neat and old school looking (I've sent several to HAMBers in the USA).

I'd appreciate the new diagrams because I haven't installed yet. Perhaps if you made them available as PDF documents on your website it would save you the bother of emailling them out.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  23. The young man that does my wiring used it and really liked it. Great product. I'll be buying more kits soon.

24. swifty

swifty

Blackjack you should have bought the "Australian" version as Glenn already makes one for right hand drive with the separate turn and brake signals-don't know about the hazard lights tho. Flatoz here in Oz is their dealer.

25. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Yep, you're right, but our British distributor doesn't order them that way...
    Glenn

26. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Jaws you won't be dissapointed with Rebel Wiring kits, I became a dealer here in the UK a while ago and customers are always complimenting us on the kits.

27. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Glenn i might need a few of each :cool:
    Speak soon
    Steve.

28. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Hey Bud...Good to see you're still kickin around....Look forward to hearing from you.
    Glenn

29. You had any folks use your kits with a key switch and starter button?

30. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Yep, just sold one to a guy last week that is going that route...plus several other that I can remember. Basically you just wire the starter button in the loop from the switch to the starter.