Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rebel Wire dash quick disconnect

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DanBabb, Dec 25, 2014.

1. I have the Rebel gauge harness and have a question about the disconnect.

Do I jus push the pins in and then click the white connector together?

The instructions I got don't have any details.

The connector in question is the end on the right in the picture.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1419526599.312120.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. I haven't used the Rebel wiring kit but think the question could be answered with a phone call to the supplier you purchased the kit from. HRP

3. If it's like most pin type connectors, there's a special set of pliers to crimp the wires to the pins, and another special tool to insert the pins into the connector. The pins can also be pushed in with a small jewelers screw driver. Be careful to align all of the wires in their proper color coded order. Those pins are hell to remove from the plastic plug if you screw up.

4. 325w

325w
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from texas

Put the terminals on then put them into the plastic connector

5. BillM

BillM
    Member Emeritus

6. Thanks Bill. Exactly what I needed!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. rfraze

rfraze

That crimping tool is called an open barrel crimper. The open "legs" of the connector or pin are folded in on the wire, both on the short stripped area and the second legs fold onto the insulation. Well worth the investment.
    There is a small tubular tool which fits in the plastic housing and around the "pin" pushing in the little tabs and allowing the pin to be pulled back out of the housing. Simple and not expensive, but not long lasting, for every once in a while. Really good tools are available for releasing these pins that look like a syringe, because they have a spring-loaded plunger inside the tube to push out the pin.