Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rear Suspension Setup ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 52pickup, Mar 12, 2006.

1. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

Hey, I'm getting the rear suspension set up in my modified project right now and have a question about getting the rear end centered.

I know the standard way to do it of a shit load of measuring, but i was wondering if this other way i was thinking might work actually would or if it was just the result of too many fumes.

I am doing a 1/4 elliptical setup and i have the springs in. i have triple checked that they are strait, square and all that good stuff. So i was thinking, instead of getting the housing all lined up and square to the chassis, then putting the brackets on, that I could take the outside measurement of the springs and put the brackets on the diff housing based off of those measurements away from the vehicle, then just bolt it on.

I'm pretty sure this is do-able, but just wanted to get a second opinion before i do it and then have to cut it all apart again.

2. I like to do it that way. But I only tack weld everything in case of a slight misalignment. It's easy to cut tacks and reposition everything. I also prefer to have as many adjustments as possible.

Sometimes it's an imperfect world. :)

3. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

thanks for the reply, I was starting to think i had asked the stupidest question ever. :D