Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rear seat with 4 link?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clifforddean, Oct 16, 2010.

1. clifforddean

clifforddean

I've been researching everything I can about 4 linking and air bagging and have found all the info. I could want. The only thing I have not been able to find was info about keeping the rear seat with a 4 link. I'm trying to keep my rear seat in my shoebox by all means. What have you had to modify for it to work? Or easier to build a new seat? Thanks.

2. 117harv

117harv

There shouldn't be any problems with seat clearance unless you want to have more than say 4 or 5 inches of travel. You can make the upper links short enough not to get into the rear seat area. You could also use some ladder bar style links that attach to the main frame rails and low on the rear end, and a long panhard bar, thus eliminating the upper links that would be the ones most likely to get into the rear seat area.

3. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

Use a parallel and you'll be fine.

4. clifforddean

clifforddean

I'm using a triangulated 4 link from Gambino Kustoms. From what I've seen the upper bars get into rear seat area pretty good. Any suggetions on running the upper bars or modifing seat would be great. Thanks.

5. From the pics I've seen, Gambino's stuff mounts level with the housing tube (height). Doesn't seem like there should be much intrusion...
    Cool avatar BTW.

6. throttlein

throttlein

I've installed a Gambino 4 link but I have a coupe. I'm assuming you have a sedan. I think there is more room between the back seat and the rear axle on a coupe. I would suggest installing the 4 link and then modifying your back seat bottom. I have heard of people building a new lower back seat frame out of angle iron and expanded metal to comform to the upper bars and having it covered in heavy foam and upholstery. I think it will work but like I said I got lucky and everything fit perfect in my coupe.

7. Gambino Kustoms makes a notch & 4 link for your car so you can keep the rear seat

8. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Any way to use 4 bars and mount them on the outside of the frame rails? Gary

9. FatDaddy53

FatDaddy53

use the shorter bars on the lower of the 4 link . then use the longer bars for the upper. bend them to floolow ur floor pan. ive done this befor and it works out fine. or u could go easier and raise ur rear floor to clear the 4 link all together

10. clifforddean

clifforddean

I guess I should have mentioned it was a coupe. If Throttlein is right I should'nt have any problems.