Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Rear quarter window channels for tudor sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by deucetruck, Apr 4, 2017.

1. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Hello. I've been working on this sedan for about three years. Finally it's coming together. Body and chassis painted and assembled. Engine/trans installed. Gas tank, fuel & brake lines, lights done. Windshield fitted. Dash and gauges done. Most of the wiring done.
    NOW - installing the rear quarter window channels. The kit I bought (Vintique) had NO directions. Four pieces that are three different lengths. What goes where? Any directions, illustrations, pictures will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks. Roger
    32 sedan - painted body on completed chassis - 2.jpg windshield.jpg front view with engine.jpg right side view.jpg gas tank and tail lights.jpg

2. That's a sharp color.

3. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I did mine last year but I,m afraid I suffer from c.r.s. and dont remember different lengths. IMG_0062.JPG IMG_1206.jpg

4. alchemy

alchemy

When I did the fuzzies and channels on my '32 tudor I just bought the full length sticks of generic U channel and notched the corners and bent it to fit, then glued in with black window setting urethane. No kit. I used the glass to hold it into place as the urethane dried overnight. I think I used one screw at the bottom of the run to hold the end from slipping. I did the same on the doors. I didn't install any one-sided fuzzies on the lower ledge though, but many supply houses sell those much cheaper than the "kits", and you could install it with urethane also.

Deucetruck, what is that color on your sedan? Can you tell us the code?

5. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I also used 8 foot lengths of channel as alchemy above on the rear windows with excellent results. For the fuzzies running horizontal on the body side and window molding I use the fuzzie side of real good quality stick on Velcro. Works excellent and stays put.

6. Velcro, neat trick I'll have to remember that one.

I am no help here but someone will know.

7. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

The color is "Dark Carmine" a 1979-80 GMC fleet truck color. The cans are at a buddy's house right now, but I will be happy to send you the label info this weekend.
    Thanks again.

8. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

I like the Velcro idea. Thanks!!

9. fms427

fms427

10. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

11. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Ok, so here is what I did: Since I had the Vintique kit for 1932/33 Tudors, I used their pieces. I fastened the foam u-shaped piece to the top of the opening using black 3M Weatherstripping adhesive. The longer channel with the metal tabs was installed in the front (found two slots for the tabs) and a dab of adhesive. I used the 24" piece at the back of the opening, also attaching with adhesive. Pictures to follow.

Color info - Goggle 1979-80 GMC Dark Carmine.