Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rear Leaf Springs - Where to buy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olosipu, Apr 21, 2011.

1. olosipu

olosipu

Thought I would share my notes and hopefully get a response or two.

Changing front suspension on my 1950 Crestliner to the Aerostar coils, which provides about a 2" drop. The issue is finding a good set of new rear leaf springs also with a 2" drop. Anyone have thoughts on these two or experience with others?

JAMCO - $420 (incl $30sh) seemed friendly last year and wanted to use him, but cannot get him to answer/return phone call or an email.
    http://www.jamcosuspension.com/products/sfID1/66/sfID2/9/sfID3/39/productID/1034

POSIES - $390 (incl $45sh) offer 5 day shipping to West Coast, you have to call to get pricing.
    http://www.posiesrodsandcustoms.com/images/pages3247.pdf <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

2. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

3. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

After going round and round with a local spring shop on length, stiffness, number of springs, bushing ID, I ordered Posies. 2 days later. Bolted them in and go. How much is your time worth? I'm 100% satisfied with their product.

4. dwaynerz

dwaynerz

st louis spring is another choice as well.

5. ramrod36

ramrod36
    from Upstate NY

Eaton X2 No experience with the others and I know they have good reputations. My experience with Eaton was great. I ordered my springs dearched for a 2" drop and was pleased all the way around.

6. Weasel

Weasel

Anybody but Detroit Eaton - I have posted photos of my horror story on other threads on this subject and Mike Eaton still owes me a $655 refund from 2005. He has the springs which he screwed up and refused to refund my money.

For Fords I have used Posie's several times - great products and service. For non Ford applications you could try Deaver Spring in Santa Ana CA - been around since 1875 and still family owned. They have always done great work for me including custom jobs, fast turnaround....