Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs rear leaf spring kit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobsundance, Oct 19, 2018.

1. bobsundance

bobsundance

I have a 47 Fleetline am going to build I have the car stripped down with the body off. Someone started work on the car the front end has disk brakes and rack and pinion steering not sure what from but the job looks good. The back end is a different story the axle is not stock and the leaf job looks like #@@. Anyone know of a rear leaf spring kit for a 47? more heavy duty and wider then the stock leafs.

2. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Are the original mounts still in place on the chassis? If so new replacement, stock style, but probably lower should go straight on. Check out Posies - quality stuff, my '41 Chevy rides superbly.

If the mounts have been changed then it's anyone's guess. Pics and dimensions might help others to help you.

Chris

3. andy dewitt

andy dewitt

Used chassis engineering rear kits on many Chevys they bolt on, springs are wider than stock, lowers car , optional sway bar , company now owned by Heidts , same product

4. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I used the Chassis Engineering leaf springs, mounts, and shock mount kit. The whole set up was easy to work with and has been under the car for twenty years and no problems. I tried talking to a Heidts rep last June at BTT50's and he didn't seem to even know they had bought C.E. They still would be my first call.

5. bobsundance

bobsundance

That’s for all the advice.

6. Hi from Berlin Germany!

I also used the Chassis Engineering kit on my car... in progress restoring since 2014. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Fits nice... but can´t say anything to its driving behaviour.

Greetings
    Oliver