Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rear end ideas for fleetline

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigbillyrocka, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Bigbillyrocka

Bigbillyrocka

So the question I have is will a 1987 S/15 S-10 4x4 work for a rear end option on my 50 fleetline? I can get one for a great price if so. Thanks guys!

2. Duration

Duration
    from Wayne, MI

it will fit under the car. You will have to re drill pin holes on the spring pad to center the rear wheels in the wheel wells. Better to use new rear springs for open drive with wider springs from Chassis Engineering or other aftermarket kit.

3. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

I think the S10 needs to have the perches MOVED. 2nd Gen Camaro rears are the drill hole and put it in type.

4. 90ssp

90ssp
    BANNED
    from dallas, ga

I'm in the middle of putting a ford 9in under my fleetline

5. Bigbillyrocka

Bigbillyrocka

How's that workin for ya 90?

6. DirtyEd

DirtyEd
    from Dallas Ga.

I will be running a 70 nova 10 bolt.The 67-69 camaro and 68-72 novas are also drill and bolt.

7. Bigbillyrocka

Bigbillyrocka

Good ideas there. Was gonna use a front end setup from a 71 nova. I scrapped that idea for now.

8. 90ssp

90ssp
    BANNED
    from dallas, ga

\

so far so good. just trying to finish fabbing up the mounts. its just been a pain trying to remove the old mounts from the frame

9. Bigbillyrocka

Bigbillyrocka

Ha, I bet. I haven't got that far yet but hopefully this or next weekend I should have that rear. Got a 292 that I'm mating up with a Th350 trans.

10. 90ssp

90ssp
    BANNED
    from dallas, ga

nice! I have a line on a jag front suspension for mine that hopefully will pan out. Hoping to get that then start fabbing the motor mounts for the dodge 383 and 4sp to go in. (along with the twin turbos:))

11. Bigbillyrocka

Bigbillyrocka

Twin turbos?! Gees-us! Lol that'll be awesome!

12. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

I used a 70 ford half ton rear in my 48 chevy coupe, it lines the wheels up perfect with the original front end wheel width. But I have since put a CE front cross member in with wide A arms and the front wheels sit in to far so I had to put rims on with little backspace. I have a ten bolt 74 Nova rear but it is only an inch more narrow. I used CE's rear spring kit but my coupe rides like a truck over big bumps even with second from the bottom leaf removed. A friend used Weedeter springs and his 48 ford ride great. The CE kit goes in real easy but they use dodge dakota 4wd front springs which doesn't work good in my car. Good luck

13. Duration

Duration
    from Wayne, MI

On a 2wd s10 rear yes, the 4x4 ones fir better.