Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Rear Door Stops 53-56 Ford F-100 Panel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gerry Moe, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Gerry Moe

Gerry Moe

Been looking for these for quite some time now. I have decided to make the attempt to manufactur some. If anybody owns one of these panels with them, do you think you could post up some close up pictures so I can get an idea what they look like. I also have never seen a pair close up. I would think other years around those would work also not sure on that tho.

2. Are you talking about the arms on the top on the doors?
    rear doors-1.jpg

3. Gerry Moe

Gerry Moe

Yes those are the ones. If I could get close up pictures I will make the attempt to make them. At this point I don't see me finding a pair to purchase. By chance do you know of anyone with them

4. Gerry Moe

Gerry Moe

Thanx I really appreciate this. Have not contacted the ford truck website yet but will first thing tomorrow, and all tips are much appreciated.

5. eberhama

eberhama

Where have you been looking? They come up on ebay every couple months. One sold about 2 weeks ago for $60, and he said he had the other side (why you wouldn't sell them as a pair, I don't know). I paid too much for mine because everyone said they were super hard to find, right when I got my panel 2 years ago. Since then, I've seen 6-8 sets go through ebay, all of them were a fair bit less then I paid. I just don't think there would be enough demand for repops, I thinks there is enough guys converting to hatch style rears that are enough to go around.

6. Gerry Moe

Gerry Moe

Not planning on selling if I manufacture a set, not into that, just want a set for my project and am willing to manufacture. I can give you a long ole list of where I have been looking, internet, every major F-100 businesses and got many leads from them, e-bay but I always seem to see them after the fact. 90% of everyone I have contacted say they are rare and always add good luck in the close. So if you see a set let me know.

7. eberhama

eberhama

I will keep my eyes peeled, if you give me a shout about any stray running boards you run across. I've got a lead to check out on some boards, the guy is supposed to have a bunch of panel stuff, I can ask him if hes has any door stops.

8. Gerry Moe

Gerry Moe

Sure will. This week-end I am going to the North-South annual run, this is a run involving the F-100 Pick-ups Limited club of southern ca and the Northern California F-100 Elites and I will ask around there for ya. Here's a few #'s to check with.
    J&S F-100's 541-218-4156
    Terrys F-100's, 402-764-5914 terrysf100parts.com
    Bob's F-100's 951-681-1956 bobsf100.com
    Jeff Burney 706-436-5697
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  9. Ask on the Ford truck website I linked to. The boards are pretty hard to find, I did see some in Feb at a swapmeet (along with a stock rear bumper) but I didn't have enough cash. I have the set on my panel that need work, but I bought a set a few years ago from Michigan (and a cheap set of truck ones to repair them) for mine.

10. Gerry Moe

Gerry Moe

Does anybody have any experience with the flat steel running board repro's out there for 575 a pair?