Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Really sad !!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dave Castle, Jan 14, 2019.

1. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

I've never sold anything on the HAMB but have listed in the want ads a few times. Always get several people with just a few posts (usually less that 5) that have the part and always a long distance from me.
    Sorry to hurt a newby's feelings but I only buy from members that have been on the board for at least a year and have 100 plus posts. I read the posts to try and get a feel if the person is genuine or not. So far, it's worked for me even if I have to pay more for a part.

SHEP SHEPPERD likes this.
  2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Guess this is a question for Ryan, if the scammers read the classifieds are they "members"? I would think they would have to join to make contact with true HAMB members, right? Bob

3. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ok, you lost the part-maybe a bad deal or maybe you were too slow. Whatever was the case is now causing you some consternation and high blood pressure, etc. (I'm winging it from my PTSD group sessions.) Anyhow, it is over and you should know what you would do differently when the same part comes up for sale--and it will.

In other words that other guy is now running your life, your blood pressure, and your tension and he does not even know your name or why you're upset and does not care. It's over--go a little quicker next time. And, no, it is not easy to do but it gets easier with practice.

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  4. I think the term is Giving Something Free Rent in Your Head

5. I will do that, soon as my geek squad buddy retrieves all my pics from my hard drive on burnt up laptop...I don't have a "Get Smart Phone" yet, ...so, it will be a couple days...

6. no, I don't accept Chinese Wally World $$ grams... I don't take food stamps or trade shit for livestock, either... I will accept paypal & cash from local members, though... as far as the vintage parts = they come from my brother in North Dakota.. I don't know any preachers or plan on meeting any...