Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Really Rusty 56 Ford 2 Door

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by crashfarmer, Oct 21, 2017.

1. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

I probably gave too much for this really rusty 1956 Ford 2 door sedan but I really wanted it and that other guy that was bidding against me just wouldn't stop. Darn him anyway. It had been sitting on the ground for years so the underside isn't that good but there are quit a few good parts left on it. When I loaded it I found the frame was rusted bad enough that the rear springs were no longer fully attached. The 2 barrel Y-block is still in it as is the transmission. I did get a whole bunch of old glass pop bottles with the deal, what to do with those I have no clue. Now that I have some time on my hands I should start going out and tearing some of this stuff apart and see what I really have left. My wife used to nag me about these cars sitting around, she'd tell me to take the parts I want off of them and get rid of the rest. I'd tell her that I wasn't sure just what parts I want off of them but I'd know when they were needed.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

Looks like a good parts car.

RODIST likes this.
  3. southcross2631

southcross2631

Down south you would have to chase the snakes away before you started poking around a car setting like that.

4. When its all said and done with time and money anything can be fixed. However at the finish it most times would have been less costly and time consuming to start out with the best solidest rust free vehicle you can find. Ive got a complete 55 2 dr Ranch wagon. and It don't sell because it needs floor pans. and has minor rust out at the lower front fender. The tail gate and spare tire wheel well are solid. 1955 ford ranch wagon 001.JPG

5. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Even though I feel I gave too much for this one I still think I'll come out ahead harvesting parts for other cars that I'm planning on working on. I'm going to start on that 55 Courier sedan delivery soon. I'm not sure what I'll need off of this car for that one but I'll find out as I go along.

Not too many poisonous snakes around here but it's a possibility. When I lived at the other farm I did find a little rattler on the sidewalk one day and our neighbor over there came across a bigger one when he was out walking in one of his fields.

I like that Ranch Wagon! I tried to buy one a number of years ago that was sitting in a field but the old lady that owned it said she already sold it to some guy from Omaha but he hadn't came and got it yet. I bought a couple of disks (farm implements) from her but I never got around to picking them up. I've been guilty of doing that also over the years, buy too much stuff and not having time to get it since I was so busy working. I see on Google maps that a 50 Dodge truck that I bought about 8 years ago is still sitting in the same spot as when I bought it. I should go down and see about it but it's quite a distance from home and my funds for gas are really short at the moment. My brother told me I'd probably have to buy it again.

Old wolf likes this.
  6. Hey, maybe you are the guy from Iowa that bought a 54 Ford coupe from me many years ag0. Only paid half and I never heard from him again. Its long gone now..

Old wolf likes this.
  7. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

No, I'd have paid for the whole thing and then not had enough time to pick it up.