Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Reality From Art

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes::)...I knew it was Deco Period and I didn't make distinction initially either...:D...Perfect Backdrop for a Graceful Custom the "Wild Thing'...I had fun with this image...I'd like to have it in my garage...;)...@flynstone...(Hope all is well your way)...;)...It Has an Elegance and something to fit the period together and feel why it would have been a good place...land in a fitting way both Genras of Architecture and Automobile are changing It was a Land mark in the States and was demolished not so long ago a deteriorated blast from the Deco Era...and yes it was falling apart at that point of my inspiration but period was evident an Elegant time in Hotrod/Custom/Race...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  2. The37Kid

The37Kid

[​IMG]

Chris Piscitelli drew this to give me an idea what my pile of parts could be someday.

Bob

Jet96 and Stogy like this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  4. 33Doll

33Doll

How about A few aliens racing a deuce against the UFO hot-Rod!
    Friend of mine sent this to me I forgot I drew it!
    sometime back in 07’ IMG_1102.JPG IMG_1102.JPG I guess

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Jet96, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. One concept drawing I did for a 33 Vicky I never completed. artshow 013.jpg
    Was going to make this yellow vic into that! Ended up selling and built a Model A sedan instead.
    Vaun_0010.jpg

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  6. grumpy65

grumpy65

If digital art counts, there is a reason why this one is my screen saver.
    Hope to make it real one day, as close as possible..................;)

[​IMG]

Jet96, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  7. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

8. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2021-3-7_3-28-37.png
    Hello,

Having owned a one of a kind 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery in high school, it was a fun project that took me just about everywhere on the So Cal coastline in search of quality waves. I had to do very little to get it shiny and running in top shape for total reliability. It was a daily driver to high school and to the beach. It played an important part of my teenage lifestyle.

It never left my side or eyesight, until I was knocked unconscious in a varsity football game in Compton. The bus ride home was a cool vision of things going in and out. When I was awake, it was not on the bus with other football players. I was walking along side looking into the bus.

My friend drove me to the hospital and stayed with me until I was fully checked out. This was the only time I did not drive the 40 sedan delivery. My friend had the only episode that someone else was able to drive my Flathead powered hot rod. When he drove me home, I told him to take the sedan delivery home with him for the weekend. He came to pick me up on Monday morning and it seemed like it was just hours after he left. I was still wobbly until lunch time.
    upload_2021-3-7_3-29-23.png
    Then within 10 years, a college courtship and marriage, my wife and I bought another 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery for ourselves and some road trips with privacy built in place. But, it took a while to get the whole hot rod (327 powered) sedan delivery road worthy and safe. Then, it gave us thousands of miles of pleasure all over California. Coastal, inland, deserts and mountains had no boundaries as the 327 just purred and allowed us plenty of power and reliability.

Jnaki

So, during one of the final years of ownership, I was sitting in my house with a drawing pad wondering what a real custom looking 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery would look like. A long mistake ridden sketch of the sedan delivery sitting in the carport of our house led to this “one of a kind” (for me) ¾ angle rear drawing of what I thought would look cool, yet different.

At the time, I took cues from Dave Bell’s artistry and tried to include some fun stuff on the panels. The angle was so difficult that I have never tried to do such an angle drawing again. There have been plenty of ¾ rear photos of hot rods and motorcycles, but no more drawings. It was just not to my liking during and when I was finished.

One thing did pop out as I was doing the detailing, the side panel of the sedan delivery was perfect for a nice drawing pad and open smooth wall was, in reality, a nice spot for a mural of some kind. Or at least some lettering… “PHOTOGRAPHIC WORKS CUSTOM PHOTOGRAPHY” came to mind for some advertising and a nice tax write off to help out in any way it could.
    upload_2021-3-7_3-30-20.png
    Art from reality

But, I had no idea how to do depth in lettering, while making it look somewhat real life.
    upload_2021-3-7_3-31-38.png
    Besides, my wife said if we got our red 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery painted this bright yellow with the artistic flames and surfer guy, she would not be riding around with me, wherever we are supposed to go. Despite the good vibes in the surfing community, it may draw too much attention to us. So, we remained a red 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery family until we had a new arrival.

33Doll, Stogy, D type and 1 other person like this.